IPB3 Feedback: Positive

Rheddy

Before upgrading to IPB3, there were some members in my community who would have problems with 2.3 such as logging in or other access problems. While I was unsure of how my community would take to IPB3, I have to say that the majority of members on my site have been pleased with the new version. Most of the problems that were associated with IPB 2.3 had been fixed with IPB3 and everyone seems happy with the new version including the new features. While some bugs have been corrected, I've been told, with 3.0.1, it's been the general consensus that my members like the new IPB.

The only issue I've heard so far is that some of my members would like to see a feature which would allow them to turn the smilies or emoticons "on or off" so that they don't have to view them. While there are some areas that IPB3 could stand improvement in, I can honestly report that the new software receives positive marks from my 700+ members.

[quote name='kenichi' date='01 July 2009 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1246423387' post='1818032']
The only issue I've heard so far is that some of my members would like to see a feature which would allow them to turn the smilies or emoticons "on or off" so that they don't have to view them.
You can turn off viewing smiles in posts under 'your options' 'forums' 'view posting email prefs'. smile.gif

• Management

[quote name='NotPrinceHamlet' date='03 July 2009 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1246653242' post='1819737']
If you guys could put together a skin converter application, I'd call 3.0 a uncompromised success.

Jeff

If that were possible we would :)

Where is this version 3.0.1 ??? I need bug fixes too.

The concepts behind 3.0 are great...the execution leaves something to be desired...but this is a complete rewrite so I realize we have to work out the bugs.

[quote name='EagleBurner' date='07 July 2009 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1246956992' post='1821592']
It would be nice to have a Page Top button on the skin as you have to scroll all the way back which can be annoying in threads with lots of replies.

Or you can use the sidebar in your browser? :thumbsup:

Archived