I want to smell IPB

Jυra

I want a feature where can can smell IPB. Of course it'll have to have some sort of hardware either new or pre-existing to do this. There should be way to smell people flaming each other, a pleasant scent for new members who are thinking about joining a forum, and the smell of success when a user reaches a certain post count.

Not a good idea. What if you are in a thread and further down the page, people have been farting. Then you'd have to go crack open a window to keep from being knocked out. What's worse, what if the person is all sweaty and hasn't showered for a month. Then suddenly, your computer would stink like a sewer.

[quote name='Brett B' date='30 June 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1246403700' post='1817834']
Smellivision.

I'd rather have Wonkavision. :D

[quote name='Archon Neo' date='30 June 2009 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1246403934' post='1817836']
It's a pretty good idea. More people will opt to take showers often. Will all the smells be hosted on a central database by invision power though? I just hope we don't get cologne advertisements.

You can suffer the cologne ads, I'll suffer through the Drew Barrymore and Hayden Panettiere advertisements.

[quote name='Μichael' date='30 June 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1246405322' post='1817853']
I vote no on this feature. People requesting new modifications will want their own custom smell integration (smelligration?) settings, group permissions, etc. More work for the mod authors.

I would want my site to have various smells. For the 'stuff that stinks', fart and sewer odors. For the happier forums, steak and mac/cheese.

[quote name='SmashinGarcia' date='30 June 2009 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1246407214' post='1817873']
IPB would smell like new car, while vB would smell like your grandparents!

My grandparents are dead (they lived to a good old age though).. But how about smelling like Britney Spears? :D

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='30 June 2009 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1246411628' post='1817922']
No no, I'm not with her. Please don't make comments like that!

I mean it seems like every other post you must say her name! :P

Or it could be the fact that she pops up in nearly every thread...

[quote name='Vulcanus Mulciber' date='30 June 2009 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1246411854' post='1817927']
I mean it seems like every other post you must say her name! :P

In the last month or so, I've said her name maybe 3 times. :)

Archived