What's the status on the subscription manager

ᴡᴅツ

The subscriptions manager hasn't been forgotten about it - we recently had a big discussion about the direction to take it and as far as I am aware, Matt is working on it today.

We are aware of the problems with the subscription manager (which are mainly related to third-parties updating their APIs) and so it's taking a little longer to fix those issues than say, Gallery, Blog and Downloads which just needed to be updated to the IPB3 code :)

[quote name='Μark' date='21 May 2009 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1242898043' post='1804059']
The subscriptions manager hasn't been forgotten about it - we recently had a big discussion about the direction to take it and as far as I am aware, Matt is working on it today.

We are aware of the problems with the subscription manager (which are mainly related to third-parties updating their APIs) and so it's taking a little longer to fix those issues than say, Gallery, Blog and Downloads which just needed to be updated to the IPB3 code :)

You mean from the beta 5 code, because you had all of them working fine on beta . Actually you have them working on RC 1 as well on the company forums. hmmmm....

[quote name='killswitch √' date='21 May 2009 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1242898962' post='1804060']
You mean from the beta 5 code, because you had all of them working fine on beta . Actually you have them working on RC 1 as well on the company forums. hmmmm....

Yes, Gallery, etc. required very little changes - just a code upgrade from the 2.3 code to the 3.0, and are now "done" - subscriptions manager requires a few more changes, and so is not yet :)

• 3 weeks later...

RC2 installed and still no subscription manager ! I don't understand why this is not considered more important. Heaven forbid we are using the forum software to make money.

If this feature is not restored soon, think of the thousands of boards that upgraded only to have to restore back to the previous version.

[quote name='barfine' date='12 June 2009 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1244792190' post='1809315']
RC2 installed and still no subscription manager ! I don't understand why this is not considered more important. Heaven forbid we are using the forum software to make money.

If this feature is not restored soon, think of the thousands of boards that upgraded only to have to restore back to the previous version.

I agree there are some major bugs (confirmed bugs) with the current 2.3.6 subscription manager that have been totally ignored for at least several years.

I think more than enough time has been given so hopefully when/if they do include it in 3.0.0 it will be working flawlessly as it should with the ample amount of time that has been given (several years).

• Management

Josh has completed 95% of the subscriptions manager. I'm going to sort out the gateways (PayPal, etc) early next week. Keep an eye on our blog as we'll be asking for testers next week to help debug the subscriptions manager.

• 2 weeks later...

so... any news on whether we can get the subscriptions manager running on 3.0.0 yet?

I'm also desperate for this feature and having upgraded my live board, i'm now missing it! lol, admittedly that was my own fault, but still!

If it is finished, how can i install it onto my v3.0.0 board? I still have three options for in the Admin CP, that look like they're left over from 2.3.6, but nowhere to actually configure the app, of course.

Any news?? :D

For those of us who will not be updating to IPB 3 will there be a patch/fix of some kind to resolve the many bugs for the IPB 2.3 subscription manager?

I'm mostly disappointed in IPB 3 and I'm sure many others are as well and will probably not be updating to it.

• Management

I'll see what I can do about 2.3.6 but most of the changes are fairly invasive and we'd need to re-work a fair bit for 2.3.6 which may be more work than it is worth as we have a better working version in 3.0.0.

I honestly did not pay attention to the Subscription Manager issue on this forum when we went ahead with the upgrade to IPB 3.0. Now, we are left in a pickle as we have no way of tracking subscribers or gaining new subscriptions. :(

If you rely on your Subscription Manager to monetize your forum, DO NOT upgrade to IPB 3.0 until they announce a release! JMHO.

[quote name='Matt' date='30 June 2009 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1246347312' post='1817351']
Final stage guys. Should have something to release later this week.

Great! :) I haven't used the Subscription Manager before, but now I have a reason to use it and I'm looking forward to its release..

..Al

Archived