What's the status on the subscription manager

ᴡᴅツ

Off the topic slightly but I'm hoping that this will become a community project sooner rather than later (i.e perhaps with the first un-encoded release) as this module is one of the main reasons I use IP.Board.

[quote name='teraßyte' date='20 April 2009 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1240225871' post='1796853']
If I don't mistake someone from IPS Staff (maybe bfarber or Josh?) said that Subscription manager should be included in Beta 5 :o

[quote name='Rοb' date='20 April 2009 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1240227857' post='1796857']
Off the topic slightly but I'm hoping that this will become a community project sooner rather than later (i.e perhaps with the first un-encoded release) as this module is one of the main reasons I use IP.Board.

+1
This module is ONE of the main reasons I freshly got my license too :thumbsup:

[quote name='OneSoapBubble' date='20 April 2009 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1240228676' post='1796862']
This module is ONE of the main reasons I freshly got my license too :thumbsup:

Same here

[quote name='Josh' date='20 April 2009 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1240232853' post='1796867']
We're working on it, I don't know that it will be included with beta 5, it's likely that we will release a public test version after beta 5.

Glad to hear it :D.

[quote name='Josh' date='20 April 2009 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1240232853' post='1796867']
We're working on it, I don't know that it will be included with beta 5, it's likely that we will release a public test version after beta 5.

That sounds nice to me :)
By the way I've to tell the IPB staff that you're doing an amazing job with this v3, it will fill my needs perfectly :thumbsup:

[quote name='Rοb' date='20 April 2009 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1240227857' post='1796857']

The encoding is not an issue as we use unencoded builds of IPB anyway (thats how Shoutbox and Tracker are being ported). I know its a big feature, but I am kind of glad we do not have it as a community project yet, we have enough on our plates :P

[quote name='Alεx' date='20 April 2009 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1240237612' post='1796874']
The encoding is not an issue as we use unencoded builds of IPB anyway (thats how Shoutbox and Tracker are being ported). I know its a big feature, but I am kind of glad we do not have it as a community project yet, we have enough on our plates :P

Ah OK, wasn't sure if it was an issue or not (the encoding) :)

[quote name='Alεx' date='20 April 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1240237612' post='1796874']
Indeed :P

[quote name='jackflash' date='23 April 2009 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1240467075' post='1797310']I'm waiting to see how the community can make this an awesome piece for 3.0 :wub:
Well, even if the Subscription Manager is going to become a Community Project I don't think we will work on it much for now as we have already plans for IP.Tracker & IP.Shoutbox 2.0 before it :P

[quote name='chasz' date='23 April 2009 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1240467473' post='1797311']how is it changed from 2.36, why is it changed from 2.36
The only thing that has changed is that this is not a default feature anymore but you need to install it as an additional component like Downloads, Blogs, Gallery, etc.. Anyway keep in mind that it will be a free application and will become a Community Project so you don't have to pay anything additional fee to use it :)

[quote name='teraßyte' date='23 April 2009 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1240484190' post='1797327']
The only thing that has changed is that this is not a default feature anymore but you need to install it as an additional component like Downloads, Blogs, Gallery, etc.. Anyway keep in mind that it will be a free application and will become a Community Project so you don't have to pay anything additional fee to use it :)

Actually I think it's going to be changed quite a bit.... whether the end-user will notice a difference I doubt, but I think the underlying code is having to be reworked quite a bit. Most people who use the subscriptions manager in 2.3 know that it is need of this.

Quick question.

During the upgrade phase from 2.3 to 3.0 final, will the past subscriptions be remembered along with existing packages? I installed ipb 3 beta 5 on a test board and upon registration page the packages weren't available. I suppose this was done intentionally since subscription manager hasn't been released.

[quote name='Archon Neo' date='25 April 2009 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1240637175' post='1797789']
Quick question.

During the upgrade phase from 2.3 to 3.0 final, will the past subscriptions be remembered along with existing packages? I installed ipb 3 beta 5 on a test board and upon registration page the packages weren't available. I suppose this was done intentionally since subscription manager hasn't been released.

[quote name='Alεx' date='25 April 2009 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1240663246' post='1797827']
Data should be retained, yes :)

I won't promise one way or another just yet. Ideally the data will be retained...but I can't make any promises just yet until it's fully converted and the compatibility can be properly checked.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Dazer' date='20 April 2009 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1240233400' post='1796869']
Same here

Glad to hear it :D .

The subscription manager doesn't seem to be included in RC1. Not sure why the developers don't realize the importance of this feature. Having it integrated, working properly with the major payment processors such as paypal, google checkout, alertpay etc. should be a higher priority than a stupid shoutbox.

I rely heavily on subscription manager in 2.36 for income. I think many potential forum software customers also look for these features when debating purchasing IPB.

[quote name='barfine' date='21 May 2009 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1242875620' post='1804019']
The subscription manager doesn't seem to be included in RC1. Not sure why the developers don't realize the importance of this feature. Having it integrated, working properly with the major payment processors such as paypal, google checkout, alertpay etc. should be a higher priority than a stupid shoutbox.

I rely heavily on subscription manager in 2.36 for income. I think many potential forum software customers also look for these features when debating purchasing IPB.

I agree, this is on of the most important features. I hope I'll see it released a few days after or before the final release. :)

[quote name='barfine' date='21 May 2009 - 04:13 AM' timestamp='1242875620' post='1804019']

I agree. Hopefully IPB can at least get it working properly as their subscription manager has been severely broken in many ways (bugs) for many years without any resolution.

Archived