What happened to the search bar?

Guest Genestoy

People are so ignorant. Let's review the topic shall we.

Genestoy wanted to know what happened to the search bar that shows on the board index. Then Sephiroth and I both stated why it had been removed. (In favour of the new drop down one at the top.)

Then Will comes along and makes a silly comment saying the thing that got removed, for obvious reasons, will probably get added back with 3.0. Why would it? It's obsolete, the new drop down search box at the top has replaced it. If he'd have read the topic then he'd know that.

..Why..are...people..so...ignorant..

People are so ignorant. Let's review the topic shall we.

Genestoy wanted to know what happened to the search bar that shows on the board index. Then Sephiroth and I both stated why it had been removed. (In favour of the new drop down one at the top.)

Then Will comes along and makes a silly comment saying the thing that got removed, for obvious reasons, will probably get added back with 3.0. Why would it? It's obsolete, the new drop down search box at the top has replaced it. If he'd have read the topic then he'd know that.

..Why..are...people..so...ignorant..

Ok! Now I opened this link earlier and forgot to refresh before posting, so I didn't see KX's post.

The search bar has been removed, thats kool. Will was pointing out that this change could of been the start of IPS's major skin changes. I think that in version 3.0, there is going to be major skin changes.

So, as I understood, Will wasn't pointing out that it was going to be added back, And I think he knows that.

People aren't ignorant, You just interpreated his post incorrectly; (IMO the true weakness of the internet)

:)

No, it doesnt make sense. People don't even notice the links up there or use them half the time wheras the bar on the actual page was noticable. I doubt people used it much either, but I am willing to bet more people would use the search bar right there on the front page than will click the search button while still on the front page.

It's more of a preference... Well... The only issue I have with it is my skin... My links are setup differently on my skin, and I would rather have it link to the main search and keep it in the bar... But adding it back is as simple as adding it in my skin :). It's really not a big deal. Just a small enhancement to the default skin.

Archived