Green Is Online

Guest Cool Surfer

Hi guys

A small graphic pic that hurts the eye in the background is the
icon on user shown as online, just left to the user name

Wouldnt it be better if the online icon is green and offline icon is red ?!!

Just something that should follow logic.... and here it is not ...

<_<

////////////////////////////
Red Icon User Name

Advanced Member
--------------------------

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,789
/////////////////////////////

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAT -1 for green online, red offline. No one ever thinks of the disabled, truely the colorblind.. I am color-blind to red and green, I can sometimes tell the difference between them, but the smaller it is, the harder. And those images are NOT every big.

FAT -1 for green online, red offline. No one ever thinks of the disabled, truely the colorblind.. I am color-blind to red and green, I can

sometimes

tell the difference between them, but the smaller it is, the harder. And those images are NOT every big.

So you are -1 or +1 ? ;)

Then dont make a red...leave it exactly how it is now, just change the "red" to green...thats all...dont make it so offline is red...just leave offline how it is.

I was thinking the exact same thing...just change the guy's shirt to green for online and leave offline as it is. Mind you this is completely culture-bound, but many of us see green as 'on,' or 'enabled,' or (of course) 'go.' Red, on the otherhand, is 'off,' 'disabled,' 'stop,' 'warning' (or 'lucky' to the Chinese...heh..)

Personally though it doesn't really matter to me either way...I just saw the opportunity to argue a logical point.

I say leave it how it is. Others can make images for people to replace them with if you dislike it so much. I kind of like it how it is. Maybe a little different would be good, but either way the online marker should be VERY noticable without you having to pay attention. And how it is now.... that is pretty noticable, wheras I think green is too unobvious.

Yes, we all (or most of us) know that we can always change these things on our own board later on, but then we have to continually make that change each time we have to upgrade. The topic was opened because the topic starter wanted this changed in the actual IPB release.

Personally I think it's good as it is, but then I'm not colorblind. For accessibility's sake, it should be something more different than just color, such as a slash through the icon.

I think it's fine the way it is. If you don't like it, you can change it with the rest of your skin. Just don't use the /1/ folder for your style_images like the rest of us do so you dont end up overwriting your "customized" image.

Archived