Green Is Online

Guest Cool Surfer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you all insist so much here I created a Green for online... You can copy the image to your PC and put it on your board, or also IPS could use it for the online if they wish so ;)
Cheers,
Brian

Image:
useronlinerf9.png

Ps: I think it's good the way it is "the one for offline" Don't need of using RED...

I don't think red vs. green is a good idea to indicate anything. Too many people are color blind or at least color challenged.

I think it is not a bad thing to not accept a better idea or rectify something for good
than just shrugging off the topic by saying that people are color blind.

Then there are lots of things that can be over looked by saying .... oh people in general are
not security conscious, so no need to enhance security features. Let it be like this...

Then there is no need to bring out newer releases.

• Management

I think it is not a bad thing to not accept a better idea or rectify something for good

than just shrugging off the topic by saying that people are color blind.

Then there are lots of things that can be over looked by saying .... oh people in general are

not security conscious, so no need to enhance security features. Let it be like this...

Then there is no need to bring out newer releases.

A lot of people are color blind though :) I for one can't tell the difference so I would prefer not to have red and green color indicators. Right here in this topic a few have said they are unable to see the differences. So why change something from how it is now (everyone can tell) to a new scheme in which many cannot?

Why is this such an issue? Green when they are online, and Grey when they are not. It's that simple. Or keep it how it is now, I don't really care as long as Grey represents being offline and some other color represents being online.

>_<

-p-

Why is this such an issue? Green when they are online, and Grey when they are not. It's that simple. Or keep it how it is now, I don't really care as long as Grey represents being offline and some other color represents being online.

>_<

-p-

If you dont like it you can always change it. 90% of us dont keep the color sheme anyways so you can change it to whatever color you like.

A lot of people are color blind though :) I for one can't tell the difference so I would prefer not to have red and green color indicators. Right here in this topic a few have said they are unable to see the differences. So why change something from how it is now (everyone can tell) to a new scheme in which many cannot?

Several of us have addressed this--and backed up with logical argument--by suggesting the offline icon be left just as it is (i.e. faded grey), but the online icon should be green. If one wants to ignore the connotations ascribed to red (and, vis-a-vis, green) then one shouldn't use either, and certainly not one to in fact represent its opposite meaning. Clearly it wasn't originally decided that the person's shirt's colour itself was to represent the online status; rather, just the brightening of the image in general. Given my argument, however, an oversight has been made.

but whatever. la la la.

Personally, I preferred it the old 2.0.x and 2.1.x way, with the online/offline indicator being a simple button with the text "On" and "Off", and I'll probably be making a change like that to the 2.2 version of the skin I have to make when 2.2 comes out. It's really no big deal. *shrugs*

Personally, I preferred it the old 2.0.x and 2.1.x way, with the online/offline indicator being a simple button with the text "On" and "Off", and I'll probably be making a change like that to the 2.2 version of the skin I have to make when 2.2 comes out. It's really no big deal. *shrugs*

Ironically, I intentionally hacked my 2.0 board to put the online indicator next to the person's name, and also have it link to the info card pop-up... so 2.2 has saved me a file edit or twelve ;).

Well, if you all insist so much here I created a Green for online... You can copy the image to your PC and put it on your board, or also IPS could use it for the online if they wish so ;)

Cheers,

Brian

Image:

useronlinerf9.png

Ps: I think it's good the way it is "the one for offline" Don't need of using RED...

ST7 can you make the green icon shine ?
I like what you made.

Archived