Text Editor concerns again

Guest Petrescu

It's not defaulting to toggle the side panel.

Insert Special Item is back, as well as quick access - not working - I'm not keen on them anyway just that pointing out.

Next, previous buttons are have returned on the emoticons menu. :(

It is permanent? I thought they were making progress on it after the mess it was in first place.

PS, the RSS image is rather large at the bottom of the forums >_<

It's not defaulting to toggle the side panel.

Insert Special Item is back, as well as quick access - not working - I'm not keen on them anyway just that pointing out.

Next, previous buttons are have returned on the emoticons menu. :(

It is permanent? I thought they were making progress on it after the mess it was in first place.

PS, the RSS image is rather large at the bottom of the forums >_<

I believe Matt is in the process of adding the "Insert Special Item" and "Quick Access" for customized items. Don't think he's quite finished with it yet.

I"m glad to see the 'Insert Special Item' back and I actually like the next/previous on the emoticons better than not having it. Quick access I can take or leave but 'Insert Special Item' being able to be modded (and hopefully automatically display custom BBCode) is going to be great.

Yeah... reason why I think this is because:

#1) They are blank. If it was for the other items as well, they would be there. Not just left blank.
#2) Some people complained about it being missing because they were told they could use it for customized stuff. So this looks like some-what of a compromise. I would expect that if it was blank it wouldnt appear at all or something.

Just have to wait and see :thumbsup:

Next/Previous is a VERY good way of switching between those.

The only thing annoying me is that there is a ton of empty space ABOVE the text box now. (when side panel is open)

Don't see that... Have you tried clearing your cache? Lately I have been doing it only a daily basis so I'm not looking at anything wrong.

When you click "more options" without anything in the fast reply box, "Post Preview" shows up, but with nothing under it.

I think this should be removed. =P

It shows that because you're suppose to type something in the quick reply box and then click on the more options button to preview it.

So now we have the "insert special item" in three places, and the sidebar doesn't default to open? Hopefully this is going to be changed back...

No no no... It isnt for the same thing. I caught a glimpse of what was in there... Matt must have been messing with it... It's supposed to be for some custom bb codes like spoiler tags. Be patient!

OMG

cool :D FYI the example ofr the acronym insert is reversed from what is actually inserted

[acronym='lol']Laugh Out Loud[/acroynm]

is the example but

[acronym="Laugh Out Loud"]lol[/acronym]

is what is inserted. The description under the Option and Content are correct it is just the example that is wrong.

Archived