When ?!

Guest Cool Surfer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not going to be that long, folks. If the comments I've seen are right, we're likely to move to RC1 status very soon (probably the next release). I don't think Matt & Co. want to drag out the beta cycles on 2.2. Wait if you can.

Just wait like the rest of us are doing. It won't be that far away.

They were supposed to list a general roadmap a week ago though.

I may be tempted to upgrade live with an RC release, although I did that with 2.1 and it was a nightmare and a lot of people who are members on THIS site acted as if I was a criminal and so terrible to upgrade with an RC and wouldnt help me when I asked simple questions. lol

But this release doesnt look THAT bad as far as bugs. It's little things for the most part. Unless soemthing hasn't been caught which could be major.

I kind of think there amy only be 1 RC this time or possibly 2. So.... I would say the final release may be around..... the 20'th or 27'th.

They should try to get it done for next friday, to have a friday the 13'th nightmare release.

They were supposed to list a general roadmap a week ago though.

I may be tempted to upgrade live with an RC release, although I did that with 2.1 and it was a nightmare and a lot of people who are members on THIS site acted as if I was a criminal and so terrible to upgrade with an RC and wouldnt help me when I asked simple questions. lol

But this release doesn't look THAT bad as far as bugs. It's little things for the most part. Unless soemthing hasn't been caught which could be major.

I kind of think there amy only be 1 RC this time or possibly 2. So.... I would say the final release may be around..... the 20'th or 27'th.

They should try to get it done for next Friday, to have a friday the 13'th nightmare release.

Yeah what ever happened to that road map LOL but I would see final by the first ov November max. RC 1 sometime next week Tehy don't run long with the beta now a days anymore.

Friday the 13th release would be a night mare someone might find a bug so major they would have to put off release till next year XD Lets hope that dose not happen

they need to support RC releases its their job to support the script in a Releace canidate its just like releasing a prefinal but I agree If they dont support a releae canidate Im sure there are knowligable members on here that can troubleshoot for us .

I am going to requesr them to give it to me, at MY RISK.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

bad idea chill out dude if you are that impationg upgrade from the bata sheesh but it will be at your own risk

Well it is a finall just about so why not? I don't blame them if they don't but still would be nice :P I mean tehy pretty much got all the bugs fixed if not minor ones

Just to clarify Not Support ticket support Forum support in a support form for the releas canidates would be a big help

Well then. I think, I'll install RC 1 myself when they don't. I wanna help with the release candidate with finding any bugs if I could. And my Forum is not that important, that I cannot risk it. I'll do a mysql backup and then let it have a run. There couldn't any huge errors ;) and I really want to have it :)

Yeah, can't get either the gallery or the blog to install with both of the zend or ioncube ones to work here. So not had a look at the admin side of them yet. But errors have been reported so hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

If you noticed Beta 1 was out a week then beta 2 came out The only issues that have been reported have been fixed I would beleave

only issue I have had (could be an encoided issue) is gallery install/upgrade and board upgrade from 2.1.7 a test upgrade

Not quite. There are still an issue with the image resizing (may be the js file on this board though) and it looks like Matt is working out something with the editor. Besides that and a few things here and there, should be rc worthy.

Archived