When ?!

Guest Cool Surfer

I think it might be a good idea for mod authors who develop components, which require no modification, to start upgrading their mods. I have found a few bugs just by doing that myself, which I would have never found otherwise. The quicker bugs are found and fixed the quicker the release process will go.

By the way there is a settings thing in the "components_acp" folder that looks like it will replace the "Raw PHP Code" thing. If you edit the settings group there is a field to specify a script. Currently the trash can settings group is using this. I have converted all my "Raw PHP Code" I use in settings to use this. I personally think they should drop "Raw PHP Code" now that they have this because (1) Being able to enter in PHP through AdminCP is a security issue in itself, (2) The ability to format a variable before it's saved is broken (breaking several default settings still using it, including chat), and (3) there is no reason to keep it besides for "Legacy" mods... But when you consider that all mods have to upgrade their templates and the security issue, it's not worth keeping.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived