Forum Logos (Support)

Add text or logo images to each forum. Useful if you want to have members "sponsor" a particular forum.

Features:

• Set individual logos for each forum.
  • Positions options include next to forum name or below forum description.
  • Displays logos or text in both forum index and forum view.
  • Choose between an uploaded logo image or a text based advert/sponsorship.
  • Modify both logo/text url and prefix text.
  • Set fixed logo dimensions for each image or included fluid option for more responsive look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2015 at 4:47 AM, Janyour said:

Thanks for this app, whats the difference with the forum description ? we can put logos per forum in this area !

Check the "settings" screenshot, I think that best illustrates the difference.

On 10/12/2015 at 4:47 AM, Janyour said:

It will be more interesting to show the forum logo in topics pages too !

Good idea, will add it to the list of things to do.

6 hours ago, Joey_M said:

- Sorry to be an hassle, do you have any screenshots of what this looks like when the responsive design is activated.

I've sent you a PM with plugin attached for you to try it yourself. Will probably give you a better idea then screenshots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2016 at 11:55 PM, Samantha Smith said:

Hi Mike,  Is there an optimal size/file type for uploaded images?  I've tried a few tests with different sizes and file formats but I don't seem to be able to find a setting that displays the image sharply.

Are you using the dimension setting or letting it display the natural image dimensions? Could you PM me the image your trying with?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7/24/2016 at 11:42 PM, Mike John said:

No not currently, I can provide a temporary edit to achieve this but a on/off toggle would have to wait until the next version.

Can you send me a PM with an edit to not have the logo show on the forum index, but only show on forum and topic view?  

Also, will there be way to choose the image to show before the Forum name in the next release?

Will this be upgraded to 4.2?

On 7/16/2017 at 7:23 AM, InsideEdge said:

Can you send me a PM with an edit to not have the logo show on the forum index, but only show on forum and topic view?  

PM sent.

Also, will there be way to choose the image to show before the Forum name in the next release?

If I can find a good hook point.

Will this be upgraded to 4.2?

IPB 4.2 updates being processed now, see the status here.

@Mike John

Thanks so much for your help.  I now have this plugin working to my desires.  I also was able to remove the logo from topic view, only having it showing in Forum View.     If you don't have a solution for putting the logo before the Forum Title and or / Topic Title that is ok for my needs, the example below still looks great.  I think having both the first post author avatar and forum logo wouldn't look quite so good next to each other unless in topic view the forum logo might replace the topic author's avatar.

I think two important additions for 4.2 will be the choice to select (to show or not show) the logo on the Main Forum Index and a choice to show or not show on a topic page.  

Here is an example of your plugin.

5974d1ca8821a_ForumLogos.png.af236d1b3a12ff31267f003418bfc06a.png

• 6 months later...