Upcoming events block visibility bug

Hi -

On our 4.7.16 devsite, I was looking at the events tab for one of our groups (you call them clubs).

I had enabled the upcoming event block for the Events application but I was surprised to see the same block in one of our groups (clubs for you).  See attached screen.

I tried to edit the block by selecting the Everywhere except groups (which I assume you mean clubs) and yet the block is still visible.

Is this a bug?  

I don't want to display the general upcoming events block in each of our groups (clubs for you).

Thanks,

Brian

Could contain: File, Webpage

• 1 month later...

I can reproduce the issue on a fresh 4.7.17 install:

• Add the Upcoming Events block while viewing a calendar.
  • Now create a club and add a calendar.

Issues:

1. Select Everywhere except clubs for the Visibility option => The block shows in both calendar and club view.
  2. Select Only in clubs for the Visibility option => The block doesn't show anywhere.

I also tried different blocks and applications (like Downloads), but the result is the same. The visibility options are completely broken. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by teraßyte

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

On 7/27/2024 at 5:57 AM, teraßyte said:

Issues:

1. Select Everywhere except clubs for the Visibility option => The block shows in both calendar and club view.
  2. Select Only in clubs for the Visibility option => The block doesn't show anywhere.

@Daniel F Nope. Still the same.

I can even reproduce it in v5, and there it's actually worse because the option Only in Clubs still displays the block in both calendar and club view just like #1. You can take a look at my v5 test site if you want.

Edited by teraßyte