Very slow using built in php server.

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Posted (edited)
php -S 0.0.0.0:8000

Is it even possible to run the board locally like this while I develop an extension, the error I'm getting is

127.0.0.1:64188 [500]: GET / - Maximum execution time of 540 seconds exceeded in /Projects/ips_a1ee4/system/3rd_party/JShrink/Minifier.php on line 244

I've changed the default timeout as you can see, but it's not having much effect. My constants file look like this:

<?php
\define('REDIS_ENABLED', false);
\define('STORE_METHOD', 'FileSystem');
\define('STORE_CONFIG', '{"path":"/Projects/brfcs/brfcs/ips_a1ee4/datastore"}');
// \define('CACHE_METHOD', 'None');
// \define('CACHE_CONFIG', '[]');
\define('SUITE_UNIQUE_KEY', '80f9a52a1d');

I've tried commenting in/out various combinations of those with little effect, but if I remove constants.php alltogether it works a lot quicker, but fails because of the bespoke theme we have.

Edited by Stuart Grimshaw

• Solution

Nothing you have in constants.php should cause a slowdown, they're pretty much all default values.

I haven't ever tried to run the software via the built-in server, so I don't know if that's generally slower than using something like Apache.

I would suggest upgrading to the latest version though, we replaced the JShrink minifier with a different package.

Posted (edited)

Yep, I upgraded my local install to the latest version and it works fine. Maybe the version I had locally was so old it didn't like something in PHP 8.3?

It works fine with the built in web server now.

Edited by Stuart Grimshaw

3 hours ago, Stuart Grimshaw said:

Is that true? PHP 8.0 is end of life and not receiving updates (not even security) and 8.1 is only getting security patches. 8.2 & 8.3 are the only PHP versions getting active support.

"Only getting security updates" is not the same as "Not getting active support". We support 8.1 which is supported at present. Our next major release supports 8.2.