Horizontal Line Option in Editor

Thank you to both of you!! Great news, @Marc Stridgen. We're definitely looking forward to v5. It was actually in hopes of it being included there that I left the feedback. Not a necessary feature, but certainly would be nice!

@Nathan Explosion Thanks for that link! I hadn't thought to do that, but it's perfect. Appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not everyone can have the ability to edit HTML except admins may be temporarily due to security reasons.

HR should be a toolbar item.

Also since pasted content is enforced as plain text (due to various color themes) losing formatting, TABLE/TR/TD toolbar items are needed too.

38 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

Not everyone can have the ability to edit HTML except admins may be temporarily due to security reasons.

HR should be a toolbar item

This is the purpose of the custom button 😉. You set it up in HTML but your users just click the button in the toolbar to evaluate it.

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This is the purpose of the custom button 😉. You set it up in HTML but your users just click the button in the toolbar to evaluate it.

I guess the custom buttons are for specific purposes (Eg: Stock Replies) and it would be ideal to use built-in functionality instead of cooking our own. CK Editor has most of the buttons that can be provided in the ACP which can be exposed by admins.

Edited by WebCMS

3 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

I guess the custom buttons are for specific purposes (Eg: Stock Replies) and it would be ideal to use built-in functionality instead of cooking our own. CK Editor has most of the buttons that can be provided in the ACP which can be exposed by admins.

Custom buttons allow you to create what you want, like a button for a horizontal line. Stock replies are completely separate feature. You can also install CKEditor plugins.