Good Afternoon i was just wondering if there is a plugin or code to place somewhere to disable right click on the whole of the forums and galleries due to the nature of our site i dont want people stealing images with the right click option thanks in advance for any advice on this

Regards

Sam

Disabling the right click is not an effective way at all. There are countless ways to bypass that limitation (disable javascript, scrape the site, look at the image URL in the page's source, etc.). Personally, I think it's a waste of time even trying. 🙄

I'm unaware of any 3rd party plugin that does this, but there are several such examples if you just search for them (Google, Bing, etc). If you still want to go ahead with it, find some JavaScript code and add it to your theme.

This will do absolutely nothing to stop copying images from your site. 

All it takes is Ctrl-U to see the page source including the image link, or a screen shot, a setting in some browsers to block right-click disabling, or using a browser extension.

More than stopping anyone, what you will accomplish is annoying people trying to use the back/forward/print/paste controls.  Also, because many screen readers require right-click, you're possibly running afoul of disability laws.

3 decades of failed blocking right clicks as "protection", yet it still persist! 

You're better off watermarking/digital fingering printing them then filing DMCA requests if they show up elsewhere.

Edited by Driven 2 Services

Disabling right-click is still an effective solution. Not everyone is tech-savvy and will look for URLs in the page sources. WordPress has a very effective plugin that can do this. 

Not every driver follows the road speed limit. However, a vast majority do.

Edited by beats23

Thank you for the advice and good points Driven i thought it might just help the less tech savvy people from stealing them lol 

Beats as it is not a word press it is just an invision forum i dont think the plugin would work but thank you for the suggestion 

58 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Disabling the right click is not an effective way at all. There are countless ways to bypass that limitation (disable javascript, scrape the site, look at the image URL in the page's source, etc.). Personally, I think it's a waste of time even trying. 🙄

I'm unaware of any 3rd party plugin that does this, but there are several such examples if you just search for them (Google, Bing, etc). If you still want to go ahead with it, find some JavaScript code and add it to your theme.

Thank you it is just something our members asked for i will add the code i agree there is many ways to still do it