Fluid mode showing topics from protected forums

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

IMO this kind of bug really should never have gotten through basic smoke testing of the release.

Releases used to be trustworthy but I think I'll hold off on them for a month or so after they are available to try to avoid this kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Mick23 said:

IMO this kind of bug really should never have gotten through basic smoke testing of the release.

Releases used to be trustworthy but I think I'll hold off on them for a month or so after they are available to try to avoid this kind of thing.

I usually wait 1-2 weeks after a new release to avoid exactly this kind of issues. The time is usually enough for IPS to release a patch for any major issues.

6 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

That's certainly up to you...  however IPS generally does monthly releases.  So if you skip a month, you'll most likely just be in the same spot a month later.  At most I would suggest waiting a week or so after the release.  

Yeah a week is probably ok - it's just that this kind of thing disrupts my community for a long time and reduces the trust members have in the overall security of the site.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:33 PM, Mick23 said:

This one has unfortunately been missed, which is unsual with this kind of thing. All we can do at this point of course is get them resolved as soon as we can.