Staff Notes for what content

I stumbled upon the staff notes feature while searching for announcements.  Looking at the help guide, the explanation does say "when moderating content..."

Would it be more accurate to say "when moderating forums or topics...?"  I tried adding staff notes with other content, on pages, on events, and no luck.  

Just trying to understand.  Thanks.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Okay, well if the guide is accurate, why can't I see the feature in events or gallery images or pages databases?  

Specifically, where would I find the application of add message to a calendar event?

Where would I find the application of add message to a gallery image?

Any app that you extend \IPS\Content\MetaData.

Does my dev site installation need this extension to see this feature?  In other words, is it only found, by default, in the forums and an administrator has to add this metadata thing separately?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, TracyIsland said:

Okay, well if the guide is accurate, why can't I see the feature in events or gallery images or pages databases?  

Specifically, where would I find the application of add message to a calendar event?

Where would I find the application of add message to a gallery image?

Would check first to see if you are an unrestricted moderator. Keep in mind you will need to click the "Manage x" where x is the content type you're viewing.

Like for Gallery Images, go to the Gallery Image and then click "Manage Image" -> Add Message.

3 minutes ago, TracyIsland said:

Does my dev site installation need this extension to see this feature?  In other words, is it only found, by default, in the forums and an administrator has to add this metadata thing separately?

This is a programming item, you can ignore this as a consumer. It is not a setting in that regard.