Promoted Items Not Showing in Our Picks Block

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Any help or direction is appreciated, I cleared cache, disabled customizations, yet at least two items I promoted are not showing in the Our Picks block.

Here are the two items:

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/39972-mwtca-january-2024-whats-it-project-193-2/

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/39974-mwtca-february-2024-whats-it-project-2-2024/

and here is where they are supposed to display right column down a bit:

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/

I promoted them early yesterday and they are not displaying, I know I promoted them because each topic is showing the button "Re-Promote". This happened in the past but it was due to the Twitter login and or share turned on for promotions, I don't have any of the social media shares turned on for promotions. Thanks again for any help 🙂

Edited by JohnCourt

24 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Hab you applied the latest patch? The promotion works via background tasks and it’s possible that due to a bug the tasks stopped working. Applying the patch via the support page in your ACP will probably  resolve it. 

Thank you Daniel, I'll give it a try, I guess I overlooked the patch.

5 hours ago, JohnCourt said:

Any help or direction is appreciated, I cleared cache, disabled customizations, yet at least two items I promoted are not showing in the Our Picks block.

What time do you use in this setting?- Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks -???
Also - do you use cron? If yes - does it work correctly?
What makes an impression about your site is too heavy images...

15 hours ago, Adlago said:

What time do you use in this setting?- Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks -???
Also - do you use cron? If yes - does it work correctly?
What makes an impression about your site is too heavy images...

Hey Adlago, sidebar is not cached, I don't use cron, my site is set to the default "Run tasks automatically".

Our community is heavy on images.

This morning issue still persists. Thanks for your input Adlago.

18 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Hab you applied the latest patch?

Patch applied and no change Daniel.

Daniel started to help me in the customer support email, and he stated something about the promotions appears to not be local. But I knew I only promote local, so his comment lead me to one thing after another and I tried to promote without the local promote box text, I'd delete the text but keep the box, thinking I could just have the image and caption displayed without introductory text, but it would not go through.

So, I added text, just a few words, and the promotion went through, it displays.

I did not delete the local promotion box, I just deleted the text from the box, and that was enough for it not to schedule and promote. Don't know if that's a bug or not.

Edited by JohnCourt

• 1 month later...