PHP 8 & MySQL version 5.7.34-cll-lve problem

It just means that you will have to update your MySQL Database at some point.

PHP versions and MySQL are two different parts to your server. You have highlighted your PHP version, it's your Database (bottom left of the picture) which is the issue here.

If you cannot update your server yourself, ask your hosting company if they will upgrade your MySQL version.

Edited by TDBF

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too, and unfortunately Bluehost will not upgrade the MySQL version. Instead, they say that I have to upgrade my hosting package, but the package they want me to upgrade to is WAY more expensive.

I run a very small community, so I think I'm screwed in terms of future updates to Invision's software.

That version won't be required anytime soon for now. It will be with v5 most likely.

Anyway, if your host refuses to upgrade MySQL from a version that has already reached its EOL date (31 Oct 2020, extended support ended on 31 Oct 2023), it's probably time to consider a new hosting for the future before your next renewal date. 🙄

MySQL5 no longer receives support/updates from the manufacturer.  So if they won't upgrade, I would highly recommend a new host.  That's basically waiting for an accident to happen.

https://endoflife.date/mysql

But IPB still works on 5.7... later versions however most likely won't.  So you have time to figure out your plans.  

EDIT: teraByte and I apparently were on the same train of thought there!  JINX! 😄

Edited by Randy Calvert