One page of a big thread contains only one post, no footer, no sidebar, and I can't edit it?

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

I have a broken page in my forum, probably due to a video that the user attached in his post. 

The page contains only his post, no footer, no sidebar, and I can't click the Moderation Actions link or the "..." button to edit the post. 

11 minutes ago, David N. said:

I have a broken page in my forum, probably due to a video that the user attached in his post. 

The page contains only his post, no footer, no sidebar, and I can't click the Moderation Actions link or the "..." button to edit the post. 

Can you share a link to this page?

Unfortunately I cannot do anything at all on that page. I can't even edit the post. Clicking "..." doesn't pop-up the menu with the option to edit. Clicking the "Moderation Actions" link does not pop-up any menu either. 

It's not just page 3, it's actually on page 2 aswell - that is where the original post is, which is then quoted on page 3

Do the following to edit...

1. right click the ... menu (that would normally display the edit button) and select 'Open in new tab" (or window)
  2. You get the same page, with the menu now available.
  3. Click 'Edit'

Didn't you have this before a while back?

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Didn't you have this before a while back?

I had a broken page before but the issue wasn't the same, in fact it was the content of a user signature, so I was able to delete that user signature without having to edit the post. 

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:
  • right click the ... menu (that would normally display the edit button) and select 'Open in new tab" (or window)
  • You get the same page, with the menu now available.

Unfortunately I do get the same page - but the menu is still unavailable. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

It might also be worth deactivating the ads to rule them out. It’s very invasive ad content on these pages. 

I just tried to disable all ads, the issue is the same. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yep, same issue again...

Oh great, I forgot about that one! Thanks for bringing it up. You're correct that one was the same issue. 

So the same solution you had offered back then (to go directly to the edit page by appending ?do=editComment&comment=###### to the URL of the thread) worked again this time. 

All fixed. Thank you!

PS: I didn't see a video embed URL in the HTML source code, so I couldn't retrieve the video link. My guess is, something went wrong with some of the videos during the conversion from phpBB to IPS. 

Edited by David N.