"Let's confirm you are human" challenge issue

Go to solution Solved by Lindy,

Hello!

Wondering if anyone would be able to point in the right direction here- fairly new to using IPS.

I have turned off the Spam Prevention as I was messing around with the page builder, editing a lot of content in quick succession however am still being presented with a human verification process. After completing the process however, it remains on the success page stating I will be redirected shortly- I do not get redirected. I have then attempted to go back in and continue editing my page and are continually presented with this human verification process

I am also trying to upload an image in one of the blocks on the page editor, and am continually met with "Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file." with the code -200 | I have attempted removing the block and re-adding, deleting the page entirely, and have come to no avail.

The system & error log aren't giving any errors. My "Get Support" page is showing no issues.

Thanks!

I am getting the prompt repeatedly this morning. Other issues include not being able to edit posts. Today is not a good day for issues, please fix ASAP. Thank you.

Could contain: Page, Text

^^^^

The puzzle prompt that arises will not solve the first time, it has to be loaded a second time no matter what.

I couldn't even edit my post above, here and I tried immediately after posting it.

ETA: and it merged it...

Could contain: Page, Text, Computer, Electronics, Pc, File

for clarity... It only merged after posting a new message

Dear All

I haven't looked at updates recently, nor browsed here - I've very much moved away from running a "forum" and now concentrate on running our "community". The result is I am behind what the software actually does, features etc.

Today, a Moderator reported that he was editing a post when he was confronted with a "Human Puzzle", which took three attempts to solve and then when he did solve it, the software didn't take him back to his edited post. I tried and pretty much had the same result.

How do I turn this "feature" (pain in the rear!) OFF?? (I've searched the ACP and done a serach here with no result)

Many thanks

Bill

23 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

How do I turn this "feature" (pain in the rear!) OFF??

I don't believe you have the capability to turn it off.

Stuart stated that certain parts of the network are still suffering from a DDoS attack, which more than likely are causing the puzzle prompts. 

Edited by My Sharona

52 minutes ago, SutairuUK said:

Hello!

Wondering if anyone would be able to point in the right direction here- fairly new to using IPS.

I have turned off the Spam Prevention as I was messing around with the page builder, editing a lot of content in quick succession however am still being presented with a human verification process. After completing the process however, it remains on the success page stating I will be redirected shortly- I do not get redirected. I have then attempted to go back in and continue editing my page and are continually presented with this human verification process

I am also trying to upload an image in one of the blocks on the page editor, and am continually met with "Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file." with the code -200 | I have attempted removing the block and re-adding, deleting the page entirely, and have come to no avail.

The system & error log aren't giving any errors. My "Get Support" page is showing no issues.

Thanks!

Close facsimiles of your problem are being reported in other threads in this same sub. 

Today, getting this puzzle challenge on submitting/editing a topic.

"You need to solve a security puzzle before proceeding to your request. This authentication activity protects your account by preventing spam and blocking suspicious activity."

After solving the car's path, it says "Success, you'll be redirected soon" but nothing happens.

Tried other browsers with no luck. Cannot proceed. Using Invisible CAPTCHA. On IC cloud.

Please advise.

Edited by WebCMS

7 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

The issue seems to have passed (I was able to faeces post 8 consecutive times in under a minute without getting the puzzle prompt) for myself. I am however getting reports from others that they are still experiencing this matter.

As far as I know, it should stop prompting you have you successfully complete the puzzle.

9 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

As far as I know, it should stop prompting you have you successfully complete the puzzle.

I spoke too soon. It is now back again. And apparently more prevalent than before. Additionally, when getting the solved puzzle response, the page is not redirecting back to the site. It just hangs.

Edited by My Sharona

The admin account is configured to do unlimited editing of own content under "Edit time restriction" in ACP.

But today, getting this error on editing a previous topic comment (which never manifested in the past):

"This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited."

Edited by WebCMS