Post or article with guest comment enabled

kmk
Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

Hi, could you tell me if current ips version come with guest comment feature available?

What I want to do is guest don't need to be member to leave a post. When the guest want to comment, the first field should be Name field, so guest type a name to send the comment. Moderator approve to show the comment.

thanks @Adriano Faria

Another question, I try to find information about topic or page only access through URL, but nothing, I remember there someone asked for same ability, not sure if that feature available too? Because I would like specific guests read and reply to that topic, but at the sametime I would like have that topic hidden for others users or say, it can not searchable.

4 hours ago, Robert Angle said:

Here's a question based on the title of this topic.

Can you enable guest commenting on Pages-Articles that are held for content moderation?

There is no specific database-setting for that. You can only turn commenting on or off, set group permissions who can comment and you can decide if all comments are moderated or not. There is no exception to have just guest-posts moderated for a specific database. 
For guest-specific settings, global posting settings would apply (e.g. Post before Register settings). 

Edited by opentype

4 hours ago, opentype said:

There is no exception to have just guest-posts moderated for a specific database. 

Okay, that's what I thought. This is something that works in Forums but not throughout the entire suite. But when I read this topic's title I though maybe I'm missing something.

10 years with Invision and I still uncover something I didn't know once in awhile 🙂