Question about the blog system

Ownership of a blogs/enties shouldn't matter for moderation. They are still created by exact same users of the forum who may be owners of the blogs/entries but are not the owners of the site and who could be shadier than they are on the forums or they could be just automated spam bots.

Any company could hire an SEO firm to blast their irrelevant advertisement content as blogs and articles on forums sites  using bots that go unnoticed because blogs/articles are not frequently monitored/visited like forums. This is a huge concern!

Blogs and entries need at the very least optional initial moderation like the first 5 entries to go through moderation - similar to articles. This moderation feature should be built into the IC core instead of as a custom mod/plugin.

Edited by WebCMS

9 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

Blogs and entries need at the very least optional initial moderation like the first 5 entries to go through moderation - similar to articles.

That’s how it works. Moderating the user’s first ‘x’ entries is a group permission and the Blogs app uses that permission as well. 

13 hours ago, opentype said:

That’s how it works. Moderating the user’s first ‘x’ entries is a group permission and the Blogs app uses that permission as well. 

I've just tested it with a new user account who is moderated and found this to be correct. Earlier, I was testing with an old user account that already passed the moderation phase.

However, while creating every other content type like Topic, Article, Event, Status Update, etc. it says clearly, "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator" prior to submitting the form but for Blogs and Blog Entries, it doesn't display this message which is confusing. It displays something similar only after submitting the Blog or Blog Entry.

Maybe the IC Team could add this message prior to submitting the blog content to be consistent and clear the confusion?

6 hours ago, WebCMS said:

I've just tested it with a new user account who is moderated and found this to be correct. Earlier, I was testing with an old user account that already passed the moderation phase.

However, while creating every other content type like Topic, Article, Event, Status Update, etc. it says clearly, "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator" prior to submitting the form but for Blogs and Blog Entries, it doesn't display this message which is confusing. It displays something similar only after submitting the Blog or Blog Entry.

Maybe the IC Team could add this message prior to submitting the blog content to be consistent and clear the confusion?

Added that one as a bug. Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2023 at 1:31 AM, WebCMS said:

This issue has been resolved in the recently released 4.7.15 version. Please update your site if you are still experiencing the issue, and let us know if you see any reoccurrence.