Search function isn't working anymore

weird issue:
(no custom urls and we rebuilded already search index. )

if I try to search "apex legends"

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Sea, Water, Astronomy, Moon

this pops up:

Could contain: Page, Text

url: search/?do=quicksearch

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Text

If I set this to default as landing page, the search is working "apex legends"

search/?q=apex%20legends&quick=1

Any idea?

Edited by Amoxil44

36 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Do you have an friendly URL changes? If so, please try reverting those and testing again

no as I wrote. No URL changes AND it's working when set to default. But thats obv no solution, landing page would be  search then ^^

I had this happen on a custom theme. Have you tried this with a default/stock theme?  Have you also tried disabling any third party resources (applications or plugins) to rule them out as a problem area?  

I tried this on a few different IPB powered sites and can’t replicate it. Seems to be isolated to your specific instance. 

1 minute ago, Randy Calvert said:

I had this happen on a custom theme. Have you tried this with a default/stock theme?  Have you also tried disabling any third party resources (applications or plugins) to rule them out as a problem area?  

I tried this on a few different IPB powered sites and can’t replicate it. Seems to be isolated to your specific instance. 

yes I tried it. Disabled everything, and yes on default theme the same.

Would check your .htaccess for any custom URL rewrites or redirects. Otherwise, we would require access to your community:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

23 minutes ago, Amoxil44 said:

it's very strange that it's 100% properly working if set to default 

What are you setting as your default application?

Please also see my comments below:

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

Would check your .htaccess for any custom URL rewrites or redirects. Otherwise, we would require access to your community:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

41 minutes ago, Jim M said:

What are you setting as your default application?

If I set "System" and "search" (screenshot) both to default, the search is working as usual.

Could contain: Text

6 hours ago, Amoxil44 said:

weird issue:
(no custom urls and we rebuilded already search index. )

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Sea, Water, Astronomy, Moon

this pops up:

Could contain: Page, Text

url: search/?do=quicksearch

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Text

If I set this to default as landing page, the search is working "apex legends"

Any idea?

somehow it removes the search as you see in the url

the URL I get is url: search/?do=quicksearch

BUT

if I set System and search to default as mentioned above. 

I try to search for "apex legends"

On 11/23/2023 at 12:26 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

Any eta or dirty fix in the meantime?