Bug with iPhone?

Hello,

We also seem to have having problems with some large photos on our site. For example when using my iphone or ipad a strip of our main homepage photo will appear but the rest is remains unloaded (even if I refresh it). If I rotate the iphone landscape and then potrait again, the problem often resolves. Why would that be?

Thanks if you can advise,

Simon

On 11/3/2023 at 9:48 PM, 700newtons said:

Hello,

We also seem to have having problems with some large photos on our site. For example when using my iphone or ipad a strip of our main homepage photo will appear but the rest is remains unloaded (even if I refresh it). If I rotate the iphone landscape and then potrait again, the problem often resolves. Why would that be?

Thanks if you can advise,

Simon

This seems unrelated to the bug here, however if things are working when you rotate your phone, then rotate it again, that can only be on the phones side unfortunately

Apologies - I seem to have put this on the wrong thread. Never-the-less, I'll keep talking about it here as I've started!

I don't think that the problem is with my Phone. It seems to occur across ipad, iphone, mac and to my colleagues devices too. Could this be some kind of browser time-out problem?

I'm happy to post this somewhere more appropriate - let me know if so.

Simon

I have split this into its own topic. 

As you have a custom theme, I would advise switching to an unmodified theme and also ensuring all third party applications/plugins are disabled.

Rotating the phone would not have any impact on your browser session (or at least shouldn't, this again would be a phone issue if it did). You would be logged out in that instance as well, which it doesn't sound like it is doing.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:48 PM, 700newtons said:

For example when using my iphone or ipad a strip of our main homepage photo will appear but the rest is remains unloaded (even if I refresh it). If I rotate the iphone landscape and then potrait again, the problem often resolves. Why would that be?

Safari’s caching method. It’s not related to Invision Community.