Register/Login not going to the right pages

I have installed the gallery in Sept 2022 and the forum in Jan 2023. I use the SSO plugin to connect the forum/gallery to the rest of my WP site. Everything works fine. However, I notice a little "break" in the flow for members to register or log in when they are on the forum/galley side.

So, here is the forum page. https://scrapbookcampus.com/invision/forums/

If someone needs to register and clicks on the Sign up on top, they are directed to this page: https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-login.php?action=register
That is not wrong in itself, but I have a more custom page using my s2Member plugin, which is here: https://scrapbookcampus.com/register-to-the-campus that would also redirect them to the page they registered from.

QUESTION 1 - Is there a way to assign this registration page to the Sign up link on top?

Also, if an existing user clicks the Sign in link, they are directed to this page: https://scrapbookcampus.com/login/ which is that custom page, and that is correct and they are then redirected to the page where they signed in from.
However, if they click the Sign in link at the bottom of a thread (like this one for example), it is not going anywhere and there is no option for the user to actually log in. The only way is to go to the WP side (like go to the Blog) and there, click on the Login link, log in, and go back to the forum/gallery (or use the Sign in link on the top of the page but if they are trying to reply to a thread, they are at the bottom of it).

QUESTION 2 - Why would the Sign in link not work at the bottom and how do I fix that?

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, Carole Asselin said:

QUESTION 1 - Is there a way to assign this registration page to the Sign up link on top?

Maybe try this...

AdminCP > Settings > Login & Registration >Registration > Standard Registration 

Choose "Redirect to an external site" and enter the URL of the other registration page?

53 minutes ago, Carole Asselin said:

QUESTION 2 - Why would the Sign in link not work at the bottom and how do I fix that?

I have no idea what's going on here. The pop-up appears for a second and then the page reloads.

11 minutes ago, Robert Angle said:

Maybe try this...

AdminCP > Settings > Login & Registration >Registration > Standard Registration 

Choose "Redirect to an external site" and enter the URL of the other registration page?

This works perfectly. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Robert Angle said:

I have no idea what's going on here. The pop-up appears for a second and then the page reloads.

Yes, that is what I see too.

Carole had a support ticket open for this on my site too. The two issues are related to the configuration on the WordPress side. The registration page Carole wanted to use wasn't properly registered as the registration page via `wp_registration_url()`. And unfortunately, the replacement login page isn't acting quite right. It's instantly redirecting requests back to the community instead of asking the end-user to sign in first.

@Robert Angle That's a good work around for the registration issue though!

I reached out to my programmer and here is what he found:

- if using the "Sign in" link on the top of the page, it redirects the correct login PAGE
- if using the "Sign in" link on the bottom of a thread, it tries to open in a different window (like a popup) and that is problematic
- if I right-click and open in a new tab, it works fine
- if I right-click and copy the link, it works fine

So it does not seem to be linked to a "registered page"

Here is a demonstration: https://www.loom.com/share/bce87d8ca03846f5bf136b2dde135cfe?sid=c555599d-5d90-47f4-8693-c86e2326a211 

Any explanation?

Based on what you said, the link at the bottom has an ipsDialog attribute on the button, and when you click on it, it loads the login page in a popup (and since it ends up being a redirect it behaves like in the video).

You'd need to remove this code (or something similar) from that login button:

data-ipsdialog data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Sign In Now"

Removing data-ipsdialog alone would be enough, too.

17 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Based on what you said, the link at the bottom has an ipsDialog attribute on the button, and when you click on it, it loads the login page in a popup (and since it ends up being a redirect it behaves like in the video).

You'd need to remove this code (or something similar) from that login button:

data-ipsdialog data-ipsdialog-size="medium" data-ipsdialog-title="Sign In Now"

Removing data-ipsdialog alone would be enough, too.

Where would I remove that from?

Look for guestCommentTeaser template bit in the theme manager in the ACP.

Then find and remove:

data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size='medium' data-ipsDialog-remoteVerify="false" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="teaser_signin_button"}"

Go to ACP > Customization > APPEARANCE > Themes > [Theme row] > Edit HTML and CSS.

In the page that loads, enter the template's name guestCommentTeaser in the "Search templates..." input field, then open the template from the sidebar, search for the HTML above, and remove it.

There are 2 places with the same code, remove both.

1 hour ago, teraßyte said:

Go to ACP > Customization > APPEARANCE > Themes > [Theme row] > Edit HTML and CSS.

In the page that loads, enter the template's name guestCommentTeaser in the "Search templates..." input field, then open the template from the sidebar, search for the HTML above, and remove it.

There are 2 places with the same code, remove both.

I am not sure if it is not there, or if I am in the wrong place but here is what I have:

Could contain: File, Text, Person, Webpage, Page

8 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

That's the correct place, indeed. For the Default theme, it's the first </> icon. For the other theme, you can find the same icon/option in the menu.

But where do I find the guestCommentTeaser ?

If I click on that </> icon, I get the Header, the Footer and the CSS and assuming I am editing the css, I could not find any data-ipsDialog.

12 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Oh, sorry. I forgot the ACP now shows the simple theme editing page first.

Click on the button Use Advanced Theme Editing top-right, and then the search field I mentioned will appear. 🙂

Thank you!!! It seems to work now. If I click on the Sign In at the bottom of a thread, I am redirected to the login page that I have set up (not the WP one).