Any suggestions for large upload file sizes, slow upload speeds? Causing Error -200.

My site will sometimes get large files uploaded.  Anywhere from 200MB to ~1.5GB on a regular basis.  It seems that people with slower upload speeds are encountering Error 200 when uploading files. 

What are some recommended settings that need to be setup to handle large uploads?  We have changed several settings in regards to max_execution times, etc.  Are there other suggestions?

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you are getting -200 its an error coming from plupload to state the server itself is rejecting. Check your server error logs, as it will be logged there. It may well be a break in connection if its, as you mention, people with slower connections

Is plupload something that's server side?

54 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Is plupload something that's server side?

No. It is a upload processor which is used on our end to handle this. Typically, if you run into an error the -200 is hitting a server rejection/error. Why/how would be in the server error log.

I think I figured it out... I was told that they had the server setup to allow large file size uploads, but evidently that is not the case... I just tested with dummy text files of various sizes. They started failing and returning the error at 100mb.  So definitely something not setup on the server side right.

41 minutes ago, Dazz said:

I think I figured it out... I was told that they had the server setup to allow large file size uploads, but evidently that is not the case... I just tested with dummy text files of various sizes. They started failing and returning the error at 100mb.  So definitely something not setup on the server side right.

Counter-intuitively having large limits defined may cause large files to fail because it doesn't allow chunked-uploads to be used. It could be that PHP is running out of memory or time to process a large file. Having upload_max_filesize / post_max_size set to reasonable values nearer the default may solve this for you.

Ultimately, it is something your host is going to need to work with you on.

3 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Counter-intuitively having large limits defined may cause large files to fail because it doesn't allow chunked-uploads to be used. It could be that PHP is running out of memory or time to process a large file. Having upload_max_filesize / post_max_size set to reasonable values nearer the default may solve this for you.

Ultimately, it is something your host is going to need to work with you on.

Thanks for this suggestion... I believe my old server was set at 50 for those.  

The host is asking the following "There is no error log being generated within the application, can you confirm if the CMS has debug/error logging feature and how can we enable it?"

Just testing... I paused Cloudflare and was able to upload a file.  I know that for a Pro account Cloudflare caches <50mb.  Could this have something to do with uploads returning Error 200 when Cloudflare is enabled?

12 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Just testing... I paused Cloudflare and was able to upload a file.  I know that for a Pro account Cloudflare caches <50mb.  Could this have something to do with uploads returning Error 200 when Cloudflare is enabled?

I have tried repeatedly without success to have page rules (or other) that forces cloudflare to leave downloads app alone.
Whenever cloud flare is one, downloads app for big files suffers.

24 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I have tried repeatedly without success to have page rules (or other) that forces cloudflare to leave downloads app alone.
Whenever cloud flare is one, downloads app for big files suffers.

I have seem to have put in a rule for the /files folder, but this seems counter intuitive as I still want page content and images from /files to be cached.  Seems like there should be a way to allow for files < 100mb to still be uploaded/cached and be able to bypass cache for files > 100mb.

I thought the chunking was able to get around this.

On 7/19/2023 at 12:44 AM, Dazz said:

yep if u dont have payment profile for domain upload is max 100 mb and getting very slow on every new client. 

On 7/19/2023 at 12:56 AM, Dazz said:

Correction Cloudflare Free and Pro have a max upload size of 100mb.

exactly