Post now & register later?

Guests (i.e. non-members) are being allowed to post in our community without registering for an account (see highlighted in screenshot below) on the site (i.e. becoming a member). 

Could contain: Page, Text, File

As far as I can tell the permissions are set up correctly (screenshot below). How do I prevent guests from posting until they have signed up for an account and become members?

Could contain: Computer, Electronics, Laptop, Pc, Text

14 hours ago, amoncur said:

@DawPi Thank you!

@Fast Lane! Are you saying disabling "Post Before Registering" is a spam magnet? Or enabling it is?

Enabling post before register will add bloat to your site and add link everywhere for unapproved spam posts. That’s our experience at least. If you use hiding other content as a tool things get lost easily.  

3 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

Enabling post before register will add bloat to your site and add link everywhere for unapproved spam posts. That’s our experience at least. If you use hiding other content as a tool things get lost easily.  

They are present only to give someone chance to register and associate with that content. But it is removed if they dont.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

They are present only to give someone chance to register and associate with that content. But it is removed if they dont.

The challenge for mods (high praise to them) is the volume of spam in pink (hidden) on the forums is so large that it’s like a checker board. Hard for admin/mods to make heads or tails of it and separate other hidden content in a mod queue. Last I checked it was all visible to us (maybe not members).  If it was simply hidden from everyone including mods that may be more elegant. 

Edited by Fast Lane!

51 minutes ago, Fast Lane! said:

The challenge for mods (high praise to them) is the volume of spam in pink (hidden) on the forums is so large that it’s like a checker board. Hard for admin/mods to make heads or tails of it and separate other hidden content in a mod queue. Last I checked it was all visible to us (maybe not members).  If it was simply hidden from everyone including mods that may be more elegant. 

It is. If you are seeing otherwise there is an issue somewhere on your site. You should not see any post before register content, unless they actually register.