Custom hook template enrichments included in its Pages Plugin block default as-is template?

I'm using an app that has a hook to an official app template to enrich the template with more code for its features.  I am not seeing these hook code additions/features included the corresponding Plugin block's template referencing the same app template (i.e. Template = default template, use template as-is), should they not be?  If not, is there a way to get them included if the default template?

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean. A template or code hook would not be editable via a Theme or Pages template if this is what you are inquiring.

Let me try.

Official app X. Template Y. Via plugin, I've made some changes to the template Y and these modifications aren't present when the user creates a block in Pages to display the template Y.

Is this the expected behavior?

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Let me try.

Official app X. Template Y. Via plugin, I've made some changes to the template Y and these modifications aren't present when the user creates a block in Pages to display the template Y.

Is this the expected behavior?

I would suggest posting in the Developer Connection if you're looking for assistance in how to accomplish this: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/504-developer-connection/

To give more details of the use case, I am using Adriano's Calendar Enhancements, which has a countdown timer hook for Events.  I have two calendars and want to create two sidebar blocks (one for each calendar).  This does work for the "as-is" templating with the exception of the titling being taken from Language settings (i.e. the same title for both blocks as Upcoming Events) rather than the Block configured title.  Once I go to edit the "as-is" template as a custom base template so I can edit the title of the second block, I then lose the countdown timer hook from being added to it.

FWIW, I found the main issue in my implementation.  I was using a global Pages Block that calls many other Pages Blocks and Pages Plugins.  In this way, the Upcoming Events Pages Plugin "as-is" template is called with the default Language titling.  If I instead wrap that Pages Plugin in another Pages Block of it's own, and then embed that new Pages Block within my global Pages Block (instead of using a Pages Plugin referenced embed directly), the title of the child Pages Block is used and the hook code is added as it should be.

I actually made a mistake on the prior solution and must have been seeing a cached version of my previous solution.   My use case is the same, but the titling is still duplicated.  This makes sense as it's embedded with the code, there is no {$title} override from anything parameterized so it will always be taken from the Language setting.

As such, I can't find a way to have multiple Page Blocks fed from the Page Plugin for Upcoming Events and title them differently without customizing the IPS Plugin Content tab template.  Further, I need to manually add any enrichment hook code to that customize template as it will not automatically be added by the IPS system despite being a code hook to that app.

@Jim M are you aware of a way to create multiple Page Blocks from the Page Plugin for Upcoming Events without customizing the Page Plugin Content tab template and achieving the following:

1. A unique title (i.e. multiple Calendars, so want the title to reflect the Calendar purpose) for the corresponding Page Block used for display.
  2. Including any code that was added as a code hook enhancement for the Events/Calendar app via a Marketplace app.
Edited by Clover13