Code visible to user when publishing articles from pages to forum

Hi all,

I've just noticed that when sharing articles from pages to forums, the forum post at the top has the following script code visible in the text.

{{if $formValue}}

{$value}

{{endif}}

Any ideas what is causing this?

Cheers

Alex

Using: v4.7.11.1

Thanks @Marc Stridgen

I've tried taking a lookat the database templates and had a few questions please.

1. What Database Template is used for the topic, where the database automatically posts the news article as a topic to forums?

2. How do I know what version the database templates are?

Cheers

On 7/4/2023 at 5:28 AM, asigno said:

Any ideas what is causing this?

This is code that one would put in the field settings of a custom Pages database field. I would first identify which field that is and check the settings and the code. Maybe there is an error there in the code. 

Another option would be the theme template cms -> topic, that is used to create the posts. That should be unaltered.

Could contain: Text

As mentioned in a private message, I don’t see how the database templates are related to this. They are just used for viewing the records. They don’t initiate or create the forum posts. That comes from a core file using the options mentioned above. 

Edited by opentype

3 hours ago, opentype said:

As mentioned in a private message, I don’t see how the database templates are related to this. They are just used for viewing the records. They don’t initiate or create the forum posts. That comes from a core file using the options mentioned above. 

This is correct. I'd mentioned database templates incorrectly there. Its your theme templates as mentioned above