Forum stopped sending emails again and Repeated log entries error

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

My forum stopped sending emails again. I'm currently using AWS SMS. Everything seems to be working fine on the SMS side according to the AWS SMS dashboard.

Could contain: Page, TextCould contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Page

Could contain: Chart

Emails sent from outside the forum seems to coming through just fine.

Also, I have an error with repeating log entries that will not repair.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Could you please clarify what emails you're not receiving? When sending a test email to myself, I received it without issue.

Both errors there can be ignored as that is from close to a month ago and has been resolved. It will soon be purged from your System Log.

6 hours ago, Jim M said:

Could you please clarify what emails you're not receiving? When sending a test email to myself, I received it without issue.

Thanks for the response Jim. I get the test email too when I enter my personal email. But the SMTP settings that point to AWS SMS isn't working anymore. It was working fine up until June 12. That is when I received the last registration email and instant notification emails from topics that I am following.

Edited by CrashPush

14 hours ago, CrashPush said:

Thanks for the response Jim. I get the test email too when I enter my personal email. But the SMTP settings that point to AWS SMS isn't working anymore. It was working fine up until June 12. That is when I received the last registration email and instant notification emails from topics that I am following.

Have your Notification Settings changed in ACP -> notification bell (top right) -> Notification Settings? Would need "A new member has completed registration" set to "Yes" for email.

23 hours ago, Wolfie said:

What PHP version are you using, and have you modified the init.php file at all?

I have not edited the init.php at all.

22 hours ago, Jim M said:

Have your Notification Settings changed in ACP -> notification bell (top right) -> Notification Settings? Would need "A new member has completed registration" set to "Yes" for email.

It is set to "Yes". Like I mentioned before all of the sudden it just stopped sending emails.

21 hours ago, Grafidea said:

SMTP connects over SSL/https? Maybe there's a problem here?

That would be on the cloud hosting side, correct?

23 hours ago, Wolfie said:

What PHP version are you using, and have you modified the init.php file at all?

1 minute ago, CrashPush said:

I have not edited the init.php at all.

Okay, but what PHP version is your community running on?  In the ACP, click on the "Support" link at the top right and it'll tell you the PHP version in use on the next page.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Okay, but what PHP version is your community running on?  In the ACP, click on the "Support" link at the top right and it'll tell you the PHP version in use on the next page.

I don't see a "Support" link. I only have a "Get Support" and all I see is PHP8 Compatibility Scanner and with a check mark and "No issues identified".

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you since resolved this issue? Im not seeing any issues at this point, and test emails send out with no problem at all.

This issue is not resolved. I am still not getting emails from the system.

32 minutes ago, CrashPush said:

I don't see a "Support" link. I only have a "Get Support" and all I see is PHP8 Compatibility Scanner and with a check mark and "No issues identified".

You are on our Cloud, you will not be able to see the PHP version and there is no need to as we handle this 🙂 .

You have a few different third party applications/plugins that require upgrading. Please ensure everything is compatible and try again. If you still have an issue, I would recommend disabling third party applications/plugins as you have a few which interact with the member code.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

You are on our Cloud, you will not be able to see the PHP version and there is no need to as we handle this 🙂 .

You have a few different third party applications/plugins that require upgrading. Please ensure everything is compatible and try again. If you still have an issue, I would recommend disabling third party applications/plugins as you have a few which interact with the member code.

I disabled all third party customizations and it made no difference. Still cannot get emails from the forum.

You have changed your validation method to Email and Admin validation so you will not receive an email once the user is fully registered. Only once the user requires validation. Of which, is working perfectly fine through my testing. Please ensure that you have enabled the notification "A new member requires admin validation"

42 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You have changed your validation method to Email and Admin validation so you will not receive an email once the user is fully registered. Only once the user requires validation. Of which, is working perfectly fine through my testing. Please ensure that you have enabled the notification "A new member requires admin validation"

Jim, it has always been set to that. I am fully aware that I will only get an email when a new user requires validation. Those are the emails that stopped receiving as of June 12.

If I may ask, what testing are you doing that it is working for you?

34 minutes ago, CrashPush said:

Jim, it has always been set to that. I am fully aware that I will only get an email when a new user requires validation. Those are the emails that stopped receiving as of June 12.

If I may ask, what testing are you doing that it is working for you?

Registering a user, I receive the validation requirement email.

On 6/27/2023 at 4:20 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

The above being the case, its extremely likely this is being blocked by your incoming email provider. I would advise on checking this first of all

Yes. So after digging around the SES configuration, it seems that the email address I use to send out notifications from the forum landed on a complaint list. I believe that a user subscribed to a topic for instant updates was responsible for it. After the user was satisfied with the information received they started marking the emails as spam/junk instead of just unsubscribing (Unfollow) to the topic itself. That would have stopped the emails from coming in instantly. With AWS SMS showing nothing wrong on their end I thought everything was fine with their service. I'm still learning forgive me.