Zapier Error: 3S291/2

Go to solution Solved by nigeld27,

Hi,

I'm trying to user Zapier to add a secondary group to users but Zapier keeps returning the error "3S291/2". Has anyone else experienced this? Zapier's troublehshooting suggests this is an Invision specific issue, not a generic Zapier one.

Thanks,

Nigel 

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to check your code there, as the error message you are getting would indicate that the method you are trying to use doesnt exist

Thanks @Marc Stridgen... If I'm not using any code, what do I do? What I mean is: I am using the standard Zapier interface to build my Zap. I haven't custom coded anything (I don't even know how to).

19 hours ago, Jim M said:

We would need to know what exactly you are performing, e.g. the exact zaps and steps. I would also recommend disabling any third party applications/plugins while attempting this.

Hi @Jim M,

The only third-party app or plug I use is Opentype's Supergrid layout. I do not want to switch this off as it is used everywhere and my entire site will look weird if it is deactivated. I will turn it off if you insist but I don't know why that would impact Zapier anyway.

Here are my Zapier steps:

0. Please note there were some steps before this to get the email address from Hubspot and also to ensure that the email address already exists on Invision.

1. I want to add a Secondary Group.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

2. The Member ID is my own test email. It does not have the secondary group on it.

3. When I click 'Test' on the Zapier, it gives this error.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Nigel  

Edited by nigeld27

I’m not in front of my PC so can’t take a look at the code,  but it seems there’s a bug/ issue in the member field.

The title mentions the member ID, while the description mentions the name / email.

have you tried to send the member id instead of the email? 

• Solution
4 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

I’m not in front of my PC so can’t take a look at the code,  but it seems there’s a bug/ issue in the member field.

The title mentions the member ID, while the description mentions the name / email.

have you tried to send the member id instead of the email? 

Hi Daniel,

I thought Member ID = their email address. I've just gone into the Invision members area and cannot see Member ID fields. 

If you are not in front of your computer, this is not super urgent. Perhaps neither of us should be working on Saturday!

Thanks,

Nigel 

4 minutes ago, nigeld27 said:

Hi Daniel,

I thought Member ID = their email address. I've just gone into the Invision members area and cannot see Member ID fields. 

If you are not in front of your computer, this is not super urgent. Perhaps neither of us should be working on Saturday!

Thanks,

Nigel 

That worked. I did not know that there was a difference between email address and ID. 

Thanks @Daniel F@Jim M and @Marc Stridgen.

• 6 months later...