HTML code is shown in notification email

David N.

My colleague has just seen the topic that relates to. It looks like they are able to add HTML and have added that embed manually, rather than just pasting the youtube link and letting it embed. While we allow for our own formats, we are unable to account for external sources.

51 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It looks like they are able to add HTML and have added that embed manually, rather than just pasting the youtube link and letting it embed.

No, HTML isn't allowed on my forum except for me (I am the sole admin). 

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

Nathan Explosion was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

Some observations:

1. The notification contains the text of what was submitted by the user - it's contains what appears to be the embed code provided by Youtube for a video.
  2. But checking the post itself - it doesn't contain that code any longer. It now contains the expected Invision embed code
  3. The post was edited 8 hours ago by the user.

Theory:

1. User posted the code, thinking that was what was needed
  2. User realised it displays as text and not as a video
  3. User edited the post, and correctly added the URL for the video itself and Invision did its thing.

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

Theory:

1. User posted the code, thinking that was what was needed
  2. User realised it displays as text and not as a video
  3. User edited the post, and correctly added the URL for the video itself and Invision did its thing.

AH!!! That's a great theory. Yes, I suppose that's what must have happened here. Thanks for explaining, that makes a lot of sense. 

16 minutes ago, David N. said:

AH!!! That's a great theory. Yes, I suppose that's what must have happened here. Thanks for explaining, that makes a lot of sense. 

You're welcome - here's the theory proven...I don't have permission here to post HTML so...

Edited by Nathan Explosion
no longer HTML 'text'...now embedded