Question about best answer

PatrickRQ
Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

• Solution

@Marc Stridgen

It's early morning so happy to be wrong but I think the logic on the check for that section may be flawed if you are viewing your own topic and you are a Moderator.

Here's the code:

{{if $topic->canSolve() AND ! $topic->isSolved() AND $topic->isNotModeratorButCanSolve()}}
<div class='cContentMessage cContentMessage_color ipsMessage_success ipsMargin_vertical' data-controller='forums.front.topic.solved'>
   <h3 class='cContentMessage__header'>{lang="solved_did_it_tho_title" sprintf="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->name"}</h3>
    <div class='ipsPadding'>
        {lang="solved_did_it_tho_desc"}
        {{if member.members_bitoptions['no_solved_reenage']}}
			<div class='ipsMargin_top'>
				<a href="#" data-action="mailSolvedReminders" class="ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall"><i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>&nbsp; {lang="solved_reengage_on"}</a>
			</div>
        {{endif}}
    </div>
</div>
{{endif}}

If checks 3 things

• canSolve = true
  • isSolved = false
  • isNotModeratorButCanSolve = true

If you are a moderator and have created a topic that can be solved, that message won't display to you. See attached video.

My post above isn't a solution...I'm reporting a potential bug with the functionality in relation to this being the requirement for the section to appear.

Admins/Mods won't see the display on other people's topics.

But the topic creator won't see the display on their own topic if they are a moderator.

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you please confirfm you are looking at the topic as the user who created the topic? I ask as they will only appeart to that person, and nobody else

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@Marc Stridgen

It's early morning so happy to be wrong but I think the logic on the check for that section may be flawed if you are viewing your own topic and you are a Moderator.

Here's the code:

{{if $topic->canSolve() AND ! $topic->isSolved() AND $topic->isNotModeratorButCanSolve()}}
<div class='cContentMessage cContentMessage_color ipsMessage_success ipsMargin_vertical' data-controller='forums.front.topic.solved'>
   <h3 class='cContentMessage__header'>{lang="solved_did_it_tho_title" sprintf="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->name"}</h3>
    <div class='ipsPadding'>
        {lang="solved_did_it_tho_desc"}
        {{if member.members_bitoptions['no_solved_reenage']}}
			<div class='ipsMargin_top'>
				<a href="#" data-action="mailSolvedReminders" class="ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall"><i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>&nbsp; {lang="solved_reengage_on"}</a>
			</div>
        {{endif}}
    </div>
</div>
{{endif}}

If checks 3 things

• canSolve = true
  • isSolved = false
  • isNotModeratorButCanSolve = true

If you are a moderator and have created a topic that can be solved, that message won't display to you. See attached video.

That would indeed be correct, as a moderator can solve all topics. So the message isnt really relevant in that context. 

Its not too early for you though. You are quite correct 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

That would indeed be correct, as a moderator can solve all topics. So the message isnt really relevant in that context. 

As far as both of you may be right here, depending on point of view, the Admin role (that can be global moderator at the same time) should be excluded from this the check. Admin is admin.. always right! 🤣

Edited by PatrickRQ

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Very well. Personally I think the message should be displayed to the creator of the topic, regardless of whether they are a Moderator or not. But I'm not overly bothered about, so no feedback request to be submitted to change it.

Seems moderator rights are limited in own topics, it assumes moderator should know, without additional notice, what is his job and to mark best answer for own topics, heh. As mentioned in earlier reply of mine, all depends from point of view but Admin itself should be excluded, why? reason is simple. We discuss about that entire morning.

Edited by PatrickRQ