User reports they can't post, their post disappears when click "Submit Reply"?

A long time member reports issues replying to topics, along with logging issues: 

I am experiencing a few problems when using the forum on my laptop. 

Once I post a thread, any subsequent replies I try to add don't get added. I click "submit reply" but nothing happens. The text I was writing disappears but the reply doesn't get added.

I can't edit edit my posts on my laptop.

If I am logged in and viewing a thread, as soon as I try to go to any other part of the website (like to another thread or to your profile to send you a message), I get logged out. 

I have tried both Chrome and Brave browsers.

Any idea what this could be? 

Are they using a custom theme on your website? Are you able to reproduce their issues at all?

It's hard to diagnose without more information, or the ability to replicate the issues yourself.

Can you try logging in to an account using the same theme and member group as this user and see if you can reproduce the errors?

I asked him and am awaiting his answer.. but is it possible that if he used a VPN when he posted that topic, and now he tries to reply to the topic while no longer using a VPN, the software doesn't recognize him and won't let him reply? Just wondering if that could be the issue. 

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

I would suggest the user try a different device such as a mobile device and also try from a different location such as a hotspot or Starbucks etc. Hopefully it will help them narrow further where their specific issue is at. 

Thank you Randy. He can post as expected from his phone. It's just on his laptop that the issue occurs. 

1 minute ago, David N. said:

Thank you Randy. He can post as expected from his phone. It's just on his laptop that the issue occurs. 

In that case, I might look at antivirus software or other firewall software running on the device that could be intercepting requests.   Heck even adblockers as it could be blocking the IPS JS. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

There should be a way to whitelist your site or turn it off. Step one is to temporarily disable all their protections. See if it fixes the problem. If so, they can either figure out how to whitelist your site or find the specific protection that is blocking it and work with McAfee to fix it. 

Otherwise it could still be something else on their computer. We still don’t definitively know McAfee is the problem.