Invision Insight: Did someone say, patches?

Welcome to this week's Invision Insight!

I'm keeping things short and sweet this week!

The majority of our work has been on getting Live Topics closer to a beta release. We are very excited about this feature and can't wait to share it with you! If you haven't done so already, please check out our sneak peek.

Patches

I have noticed some discussions lately regarding patches, and in some instances, they may be missed by community managers.

Not all patches seem to be a critical issue or security risk, but it is definitely ideal to action the patch to ensure your community continues running smoothly. There are no notifications for patches at the moment, however any available patches can be found just under your version number in your AdminCP.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Let us know if you have some ideas on how we can improve this.

Upcoming Event

Our next event will be the March 2023 Release Chat, scheduled to commence on the 1st of March.

We will be discussing everything about this release so please let set a reminder and get your questions ready!

Changelog

Here's what the dev team have been working on over the last seven days:

Core

- Fixed an issue where the theme templates list did not display properly in the ACP if an upgrade notice was visible.
- Fixed an issue where managing the ACP - Share Handlers could cause an error.
- Added more properties to the Polls API output.
- Removed unused photos_url ACP search keyword.
- Show "Success" message above the form after a user changes their password.
- Added pagination to the Edit History screen.
- Added the ability to reset 2fa security answers for all members.
- Fixed a bug where members weren't able to opt in/out of custom PII data being shared with 3rd parties.
- Added a noindex metatag to the poll voters page.
- Fixed an issue where stopping all email notifications excluded digests.
- Added the time to the date form validator message when the time is also used.

Commerce

- Fixed an issue where the expiration date in custom product emails didn't work.

Gallery

- Improved performance of image view when categories/albums are ordered by recently updated.

Events

- Fixed an issue where searching for events with a missing or invalid location wouldn't return any results.

GraphQL, REST, Webhooks and Zapier

- Webhook Payload for nodes which belong to clubs, will contain now also information about the club.
- A new GraphQL Query to return a list of clubs was added.

See you in the community and next week right here for another Invision Insight! I look forward to hearing from you all!

Thank you everyone! 🦘

There are no plans to add a notification to the AdminCP for patches. I am just starting the discussion to see how many people are in the same boat and would like to see a notification like this added.

Thanks for chiming in. If there are others also keen to see this, please let us know.

I see the "Get Support" page as one of the frequent checks an Admin makes for a number of reasons, my main reason is for the "System and Error Logs" chart to see if any issues have occurred.  So watching out for Patches happens as part of my routine.

I've never seen anything on the "Known Issues" section of that page, is it used at all?

1 hour ago, Richard Arch said:

I see the "Get Support" page as one of the frequent checks an Admin makes for a number of reasons, my main reason is for the "System and Error Logs" chart to see if any issues have occurred.  So watching out for Patches happens as part of my routine.

I've never seen anything on the "Known Issues" section of that page, is it used at all?

Yes.  Typically it's targeted only to show to people impacted though.  For example, it had an Elasticsearch message in it once, and another during the PHP7->PHP8 time.  🙂 

10 hours ago, Gary said:

There are no plans to add a notification to the AdminCP for patches. I am just starting the discussion to see how many people are in the same boat and would like to see a notification like this added.

Thanks for chiming in. If there are others also keen to see this, please let us know.

yes be a worthwhile addition

often they are 'early' pointers to possible issues that you are not aware off yet, eg latest date pages issue

a stop gap or alternative would be for them to be announced on here in a topic, so people can then subscribe/follow the topic

Edited by sound

Hi @sound,

Thanks for your input! I will definitely be including them in topics such as the Invision Insight, the only thing is they're separate topics so you would have to follow each one individually which may not be ideal as you would already be checking the forum for a new topic and that kind of defeats the purpose.

You can follow me too, but that may send you notifications of things you may not be too interested in. 😅