Several issues after upgrade

Hi, 

I recently upgraded my IPB forum from an ancient 3.X version to the latest and still facing some issues.

1. I installed a dark theme alongside the default.  I personally as the administrator am seeing the Theme selection drop down at the bottom of the board and can switch between themes, but my users are reporting that they cannot see this drop down.  I couldn't find any sort of setting whether themes are available to non-admin users.  Am I missing some permission somewhere?

2. I purchased the Hebrew translation for the site.   Only in the mobile version of the forum there seems to be an issue with clicking on the star icon that is supposed to take you to the first unread message in the post.  It seems to take you to somewhere in the middle of the page, not to the first unread post.  This issue does not occur in the desktop view and does not occur in the mobile view when on the English translation.    Any idea how the translation could affect this functionality?

Thanks!

Alon Jacobi

3 minutes ago, Alon Jacobi said:

1. I installed a dark theme alongside the default.  I personally as the administrator am seeing the Theme selection drop down at the bottom of the board and can switch between themes, but my users are reporting that they cannot see this drop down.  I couldn't find any sort of setting whether themes are available to non-admin users.  Am I missing some permission somewhere?

Edit the theme's settings and provide them permission to use it.

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Nathan Explosion

3 minutes ago, Alon Jacobi said:

If it is not your default theme, you will need to ensure it is available for all member groups. Edit the theme, then change the "Available for:" to the group you want to see it:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Electronics, Webpage

4 minutes ago, Alon Jacobi said:

2. I purchased the Hebrew translation for the site.   Only in the mobile version of the forum there seems to be an issue with clicking on the star icon that is supposed to take you to the first unread message in the post.  It seems to take you to somewhere in the middle of the page, not to the first unread post.  This issue does not occur in the desktop view and does not occur in the mobile view when on the English translation.    Any idea how the translation could affect this functionality?

Please contact the author of the translation as it sounds like it needs to be updated.

Thanks, I don't understand why I couldn't find this before, I really looked 🙂

So just the issue with the link to first unread post in mobile in Hebrew remains.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If it is not your default theme, you will need to ensure it is available for all member groups. Edit the theme, then change the "Available for:" to the group you want to see it:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Electronics, Webpage

Please contact the author of the translation as it sounds like it needs to be updated.

Any idea how a translation can affect this functionality?   Isn't it just texts for resources?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to speak to the author of the language pack on this. It sounds like they have added something which is messing with the layout.

I reached out to the author, but he could not really help me, as he just translated texts, he doesn't have the knowledge to understand what would screw with the application itself.  The fact that the problem is limited only to the mobile view and doesn't happen in desktop view further underlines that you need intimate understanding of how the application works to understand why the problem is happening.

17 minutes ago, Alon Jacobi said:

I reached out to the author, but he could not really help me, as he just translated texts, he doesn't have the knowledge to understand what would screw with the application itself.  The fact that the problem is limited only to the mobile view and doesn't happen in desktop view further underlines that you need intimate understanding of how the application works to understand why the problem is happening.

I'm afraid, anything added to the translation which would include HTML, malformed text, etc... could impact the layout. Therefore, our only recommendation would be to use the default English translation if the author is unwilling to assist. Third party translation packs are outside our scope of support.