Delete validating members

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Rather than manually performing SQL query (which would be at your own risk and may invalidate future support of related items) I would recommend setting the value to automatically prune validating members in ACP -> System -> Login & Registration -> Registration tab -> Remove unvalidated members

It's set to 7 days. Somehow i still see members from 2022. So i don't think it's working. 

5 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

It's set to 7 days. Somehow i still see members from 2022. So i don't think it's working. 

Are they all email validating? Looks like that got removed from your screenshot. Manually validated users will not get pruned as the admin needs to make a decision. 

For each users which I would like to delete, I see below message:

" Member has not yet responded to email change validation email "

I had to remove the email ID in screenshot because, I can't expose their email ID even thought they are 90% spam bots. 

Sadly their is no easy multi-select. Any other options to delete users in validating status with zero post? 

Edited by AlexJ

I don't see any task processing error and noting in system logs. I have opened contact us to update site license from mysite.com/forums to mysite.com - As i moved content from forums folder to root folder. Does that cause any issue? 

Edited by AlexJ

1 hour ago, Afrodude said:

@Jim M I have it 1 week for more than decade, and I have like 10 pages of validations members too. I am using CRON to run background tasks, and everything else working fine but this one.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

The license wouldn’t prevent it from working like this. 
Are you using CRON to run background tasks? If so, did you update CRON when you moved your site?

Using default since, i don't have much activity on site. Also can you look at license URL update.

Could contain: Text, Page

Just now, Jim M said:

You have a third party application related to members that requires updating. Please update that then see if that helps correct your issues with background tasks.

If you notice, there are members who didn't validation their email address since 2005 (18 years ago) where we had zero third-party plugins or apps. We started using third-party since 2018. That app you mentioned wasn't even installed and it has nothing to do with background tasks, and it's to follow and track members.

Just now, Afrodude said:

If you notice, there are members who didn't validation their email address since 2005 (18 years ago) where we had zero third-party plugins or apps. We started using third-party since 2018. That app you mentioned wasn't even installed and it has nothing to do with background tasks, and it's to follow and track members.

Can i pls suggest to open your own support request? I don't want your issue to get mixed with mine. Thanks.

Just now, AlexJ said:

Can i pls suggest to open your own support request? I don't want your issue to get mixed with mine. Thanks.

My apologies, I am just helping you and IPS by confirming that we have the same issue. Also, this is a public support community not private. 

Anyway, I won't interfere with your support topic. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

My apologies, I am just helping you and IPS by confirming that we have the same issue. Also, this is a public support community not private. 

Anyway, I won't interfere with your support topic. 🙂 

This one is IPS support section vs community support is this one:  https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/406-community-support/

You and me might be facing same issue, so I am fine with another topic link from this topic, so it's easy to track but I don't want to overlap the issue. Sadly, IPS doesn't have ticket system anymore to save their cost like old days.

Plus new support team, quickly put's issue on other application. I recently faced that during this error: 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471630-your-account-does-not-require-validation-user-login-error/#comment-2922819

Brilliant Discord Integration addon developer - mentioned it's not their issue but helped me to resolve the issue. IPS said it's the app error. Kudos to addon developer for helping to resolve the issue.

For me, as a user, I just need solution and not finger pointing. I hope you understand. Thank you!

Edited by AlexJ

12 hours ago, AlexJ said:

This one is IPS support section vs community support is this one:  https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/406-community-support/

Go read each topic posted in here, and you will find that at least more than 35% of the topics are solved by IPS clients not IPS staff team. Also, if it was a bug, someone else could confirm it or even find out what causing the reported issue.

Examples:

This is why this forum is open to everyone, and if IPS wants to make private, it would just take them few clicks to do so. By the end of the day in here is a community like anywhere else, and we are just trying to help.

I hope you will find your solution.

Edited by Afrodude

14 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Sadly, IPS doesn't have ticket system anymore to save their cost like old days.

This is incorrect. Our support simply works in a different manner that utilises the community first approach. There is nothing, in any way, related to costs. In fact we have the same ticket system used for escalations where needed, and where private information needs to be shared, and have the same staff. There is literally no cost saving in any way there.

14 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Plus new support team, quickly put's issue on other application. I recently faced that during this error: 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/471630-your-account-does-not-require-validation-user-login-error/#comment-2922819

Brilliant Discord Integration addon developer - mentioned it's not their issue but helped me to resolve the issue. IPS said it's the app error. Kudos to addon developer for helping to resolve the issue.

For me, as a user, I just need solution and not finger pointing. I hope you understand. Thank you!

I completely understand your frustration. Please bear in mind however that most of the issues we face on a daily basis are related to 3rd party code and hosting environments. This isnt something that we are simply guessing. You mention there that the issue was related to the IPS application, however if we are not provided the information as to what that user appears to have found, that would never be resolved.

We certainly want to resolve your issues. There isn't actually any advantage to ourselves either in batting an issue back and forth. It actually takes up more of our time to do so. 

Please ensure your site can be accessed. At present we are getting access denied on your site, on both the front end and admin CP. Also ensure you are using the latest release.

14 hours ago, Afrodude said:

Please could you update your access details?

18 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please ensure your site can be accessed. At present we are getting access denied on your site, on both the front end and admin CP. Also ensure you are using the latest release.

It should be updated now. Had recently moved form to root folder and removed display name login. Please check now. Thank you. 

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Its still coming up "Access denied". Not getting as far as the login

Sorry not following. I am not seeing any Failed Admin login:

Could contain: Text, Screen, Electronics, Monitor, Hardware, Computer Hardware

Are you saying, you can't open admin page all together OR website? can you please clarify the error? 

If you are restricted from opening website, can you please share your RAY ID? I am guessing, later i.e. you are not able to open website and your IP might be under one of the datacenters. I can manually whitelist your PROXY/Datacenter ASN. 

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Sorry not following. I am not seeing any Failed Admin login:

Could contain: Text, Screen, Electronics, Monitor, Hardware, Computer Hardware

Are you saying, you can't open admin page all together OR website? can you please clarify the error? 

If you are restricted from opening website, can you please share your RAY ID? I am guessing, later i.e. you are not able to open website and your IP might be under one of the datacenters. I can manually whitelist your PROXY/Datacenter ASN. 

Thank you. 

We are not able to access it at all. I have messaged you our VPN IP address.