Birthday page

16 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Just an idea (which I have already looked at, and declined to go further due to fear of the leap year) - an app which has a task which runs a task and converts birthdays to events would sort you out here, I think.

That might work.  Are you interested in creating that?  You might be able to put that on Market Place since technically, you are not restoring useful features that have been removed.

2 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

Does it have to be in a calendar format?  What about just a listing of users with birthdays in the next 30-60 days with the birthday posted next to them

I find people are creatures of habit and like things the way they had them, but that could work too.

As a visual person, I really liked the old calendar that we had.  It's a lot easier to see today's date highlighted or bolder and then a few days over I see a friends birthday listed.  That's easier on me than a list.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I find people are creatures of habit and like things the way they had them, but that could work too.

As a visual person, I really liked the old calendar that we had.  It's a lot easier to see today's date highlighted or bolder and then a few days over I see a friends birthday listed.  That's easier on me than a list.

I understand about wanting the old format.  I'm just brainstorming to come up with some sort of alternative that might be easier to do programmatically but still fill the need.  Path of least resistance and all...

4 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

@Square Wheels

Perhaps I am missing something but ,as it stands now, the default setting is 'Overview'.  Would changing the default setting to 'Monthly' solve your problem? It would then display the 'Calendar' as it was previously. You could even set up the RSS feed if so desired.

Apologies if I have indeed missed something here.

Regardless of the display view, birthdays have been removed.

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Birthday (day, month and year) are columns on members table and are still there, editable via profile. It wasn’t removed. Displaying birthdays in Calendar was.

Sorry, I should have been clearer "Regardless of the display view, birthdays have been removed from the Events view (formerly Calendar).".