Service Unavailable The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance...

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

When a user tries to access the settings of his account, he gets the following error message:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I get the same error message when I try to change or query user data in the admin interface.
What can I do to fix the error?

The forum itself seems to work

Addition:
The error occurs apparently only with individual users! But then both at the user and in the admin area

This would be a hosting related error in that your server is unable or hitting a configuration conflict to present the requested data. Please contact your hosting provider for assistance. If there are errors related to our software presenting an issue, please provide that information here.

I have delete one user and ak him to register new. Here is the result:

I get emailed that I need to confirm my mail address. I have done so. Next message: Registration completed successfully. But when I then want to log in, I get said message.

What should I tell the hoster? Where could be the problem?

In the support aerea I have 2 notices:

Datenbank

v10.5.18-MariaDB-1:10.5.18+maria~ubu2004-log

and

Logs

1.24 MB Logtabelle

Mybe there is the problem?

The problem in the log is always the same:

IPS\Http\Url\Exception: INVALID_URL (0)
#0 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/system/Http/Url.php(245): IPS\Http\_Url::componentsFromUrlString('', false)
#1 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/redirect.php(38): IPS\Http\_Url::createFromString('')
#2 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_redirect->manage()
#3 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

#0 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log('IPS\\Http\\Url\\Ex...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Exception))
#2 {main}

2 hours ago, Frank Oeffelke said:

I have delete one user and ak him to register new. Here is the result:

What should I tell the hoster? Where could be the problem?

You would describe the error you’re getting and ask them to investigate. As a hosting provider they have the tools and logs to see why this is happening. If they give you the same response, you may wish to escalate the issue. 

1 hour ago, Frank Oeffelke said:

In the support aerea I have 2 notices:

Datenbank

v10.5.18-MariaDB-1:10.5.18+maria~ubu2004-log

and

Logs

1.24 MB Logtabelle

Mybe there is the problem?

The problem in the log is always the same:

IPS\Http\Url\Exception: INVALID_URL (0)
#0 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/system/Http/Url.php(245): IPS\Http\_Url::componentsFromUrlString('', false)
#1 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/redirect.php(38): IPS\Http\_Url::createFromString('')
#2 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_redirect->manage()
#3 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

#0 /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log('IPS\\Http\\Url\\Ex...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Exception))
#2 {main}

You would want to change your table engine to InnoDB if that is what it says here (sorry, I don’t speak the language). You will want your hosting provider to do this after the investigation of the above.

The other error is likely unrelated to the service unavailable as that would trigger prior to our internal logging system. However, we have a fix coming for this in our next release. 

1 hour ago, Frank Oeffelke said:

Could contain: Text, Page

I think this is the failure? But klicking on "fix this" will not solve the error...

The error doesn't have anything to do with the forum itself by the looks of it, but more with the server. As mentioned above by Charles, the host shouldn't tell their clients to use an older php version with known security issues. 

That being said, can you check the server error log and post here the most recent error messages logged?

Haveyou just switched over to PHP 8 and upgraded? If so, I would suggest first of all disabling all 3rd party items. It may be that you have a 3rd party item there that is causing issues on your hosting, and your hosting is then throwing a service unavailable at you. 

As you are on 4.7.5, switching to PHP 7 is not only a bad recommendation from your host, but also not an option. The minimum requirement is PHP 8.

Your hosting company needs to tell you the reason that your hosting is showing service unavailable. That is not a message from the software. It's a message from your hosting environment

No, the change was made a while ago. Actually, I always install the updates when they are available. But I don't try all functions afterwards. Therefore I can't say since when the login error exists.

All 3rd party extensions have been removed. The last extension (deactivated until then) was "Auto Welcome". After I uninstalled it I only see a white page. No error message anymore, but also no user data... Slowly I am afraid to shoot down the forum completely...

This is the last mail from the support of the hoster:
Then the conversion to innodb should be done via PHPmyAdmin. Before you start your work, you should create a backup of the database, so that you can restore it to the current state in case of emergency.
Then a short tutorial on how to convert MyISAM to InnoDB.
Would that help?

Edited by Frank Oeffelke

2 hours ago, Frank Oeffelke said:

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /www/htdocs/w00afc19/start/forum/init.php on line 992', referer

That is one of the biggest issues. PHP is not allocating enough memory to the request. Ask your host to increase the memory max limit.