Ads Everywhere

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Anything everywhere. 

The after x posts and topics is just built in for convenience for all the forums users but you can duplicate that stuff in blogs,  etc., with the simple css options. 

Just give a yell here after installation if you address having problems with css targeting

Great, i already install on my site. GGames.com.br - Which access did you want?

2 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Like I said, you'll need to use the Simple CSS targeting for those. Where are you wanting the ads? After certain comments somewhere?

Inside the posts. You rules for css work perfect, but will work better if i can't set how much ads will display.

Example for Downloads - after 5 downloads line, show the ads. Like work for topic link (i set which line will show).

I want this for Paragraph too... after 4 <p> display one ADS, because i have a large topics.

You can literally do this with Simple CSS and correct targeting. Using nths should do it. You can also separate the css targets by commas and enter more than one. Slightly occupied right now but give me a bit and I can give you an example for downloads. I'll probably just a bunch of examples actually. If you don't want to wait, look at the support topics for ads after posts and ads after topics. The css targeting is all the same.

Edited by All Astronauts

At the moment, we create blocks for some ad units, so we can use php to check cookies etc, but you can't use things like {block="my_block_key"} in the advertisements at the moment. So, we end up placing them manually into the templates. 

So, if it were possible to use those inside ads, and place them using your app it would be very useful for us. 

16 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

You can literally do this with Simple CSS and correct targeting. Using nths should do it. You can also separate the css targets by commas and enter more than one. Slightly occupied right now but give me a bit and I can give you an example for downloads. I'll probably just a bunch of examples actually. If you don't want to wait, look at the support topics for ads after posts and ads after topics. The css targeting is all the same.

My suggestion it's allow a limit to display like topic and posts. I already have a lot of topics and content, i don't want to edit those content to create a rules with css... i hope you understand my sugestion. If you give the hability to limit the display inside any css... you will turn your plugin perfect. Work fine with default function... but inside the content will give me much more money.

On 11/24/2022 at 4:28 PM, Dll said:

be able to use custom blocks within ads, as we want to be able to run some php logic in them

Next release, probably before Xmas - I mean, probably much sooner, but it's good to hedge. It's already running locally but fit and finish matters. I am also getting around to some of the drudge work, handling some of the errors that pop up when people hold this app wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

2.0.0 Submitted (available when approved)

• Every HTML ad is now parsed for IPS template logic, output plugins, and blocks.
  • Hardened one or two methods for undefined array indexes and the like.

Yes - that means ALL html ads. It was easier to just parse all of them by default.  So, you can now use your Invision Community Pages blocks in ads, use template logic directly if you want:

{{if whatever}}This thing{{else}}A different thing{{endif}}

...and you can also use the template output plugins such as {member="name"} and so on as found here:

Though maybe don't use the {advertisement=""} one inside the advertisement itself? I'm not supporting your crashed site after you start making weird recursive calls.

Could contain: Head, Person, Face, Man, Adult, Male, Happy, Laughing, Smile, Necklace

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

we unfortunately have a problem with your Plugin and our theme. We're using the Dimensions theme from ipsfocus. When I activate your plugin it shows the errors you see in the attached files. The error comes from our design, apparently the app segregates something from the JS code of our design, which then leads to the incorrect display and function.

Can you please provide support? Otherwise I can not use your app. Thank you!

Could contain: Texture, Outdoors, City, Sea, Nature, Water, Text

Could contain: Page, Text, Advertisement, Poster, File

Sorry, can't give you access to the ACP. I will send you our theme, tho. It should help with problem solving. Keep in mind it's for testing purposes only, as we hold the rights of use.

P.S. Just tested again, if I choose the default template as a guest the error does not occur.

Edited by TK1990
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 1:51 PM, All Astronauts said:

2.0.0 Submitted (available when approved)

• Every HTML ad is now parsed for IPS template logic, output plugins, and blocks.
  • Hardened one or two methods for undefined array indexes and the like.

Yes - that means ALL html ads. It was easier to just parse all of them by default.  So, you can now use your Invision Community Pages blocks in ads, use template logic directly if you want:

{{if whatever}}This thing{{else}}A different thing{{endif}}

...and you can also use the template output plugins such as {member="name"} and so on as found here:

Though maybe don't use the {advertisement=""} one inside the advertisement itself? I'm not supporting your crashed site after you start making weird recursive calls.

Could contain: Head, Person, Face, Man, Adult, Male, Happy, Laughing, Smile, Necklace

Hi, I'm looking for an ads solution, has this update been approved?  Thank you.

You can use it as is just fine. If you HAVE to have the template parsing for random template logic and the like I'll... have to revert some code and then push the 2.0 again

See, they rejected that 2.0 update saying that the parsing of output (server-side) I do was "too heavy", at least they "thought/think" it was...

Thing is, that output parsing was already released in a previous version - the one available now if you purchase - and its not really affecting anything really - currently running on one fairly heavily trafficked site with no impact. Oh, I can see how it might impact things but its really not much different than what they do with emojis. So, when that rejection came I just thought I'd let things lay as it were and get around to "fixing" the update eventually.

That said, the initial release of Ads Everywhere had everything inserted via Javascript post-output. Which is what they want now. Which is fine, I just have to revert a bunch of changes (pita but no biggie) and tweak some other things.

If I go back to making all the ad inserts post-page load, there are some ad providers that can't handle that (Monumetric for one): they see an ad pop up in the DOM, they run the ad, and their code stops - it's not DOM-aware enough for another ad being inserted (or more) - hence why I did the output parsing in the first place so the ads were in the document on output and the ad network JS code would fire on all of them. Neat and tidy, no mess, no fuss.

When I do push the reverted all-JS version of 2.0, this means to accomplish this, I gotta tell everyone that the ad network JS code they typical stick in the header - they will probably need to specifically use my Ads Everywhere header block now for that code (leaning towards MUST). Because in order for the Monumetric (others..) ad networks to work in the revised version is for me to JS insert all the ads into the document and then LASTLY insert the core header JS ad network stuff so that it fires off on all the ads.

tldr; Unless you need to parse things like member variables and custom Pages blocks and stuff like that, go ahead and buy now and have fun. Otherwise, my skies will be "clearer-ish" in like two weeks or so to swing back to get this patched up.