Terms of Use

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

This can be setup from within the ACP (Administrator Control Panel), what @Adriano Faria showed you is correct.

Simply:

• Within the system tab (The gears on the left hand side of the screen)
  • Under "Settings"
  • "Terms & Privacy Policy"

There you will see "Site Guidelines", "Privacy Policy" and "Registration Terms & Rules".

It's the last one of the three you want to fill out to make that appear on your registration form, as far as I am aware. You could also make the cookie bar appear at the bottom of the site too through this section of the ACP.

Edited by Tripp★

I'm sorry but I still don't get it. I went to the Terms & Privacy Policy settings and I could not find anything to enable that would place the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy on so that users can read them before they agree to them. I must be missing something. 

8 minutes ago, Allen Talk said:

I'm sorry but I still don't get it. I went to the Terms & Privacy Policy settings and I could not find anything to enable that would place the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy on so that users can read them before they agree to them. I must be missing something. 

You will see text editors on that page which will allow you to write your policies there.

• Solution

On the registration page....  

Could contain: Text, Face

The words "Terms of Use" and "Privacy Policy" are actually hyperlinks if you've set those policies in your ACP.  They're not underlined, but they're clickable links if you actually click on them.  

But I don't believe it does that unless you actually have a policy defined in the ACP.  That's what people in this thread are telling you to do.