Events: Overview settings

opentype

While you are still tweaking the Events app, please add settings for the various new sections. I’m sure they make perfect sense for Lego’s international community, but they will not work for many other communities. For example, a community for a local organization might never ever need the “events near you“ feature or location search. 

• Search section: show/hide
  • In your area: show/hide
  • Also: mode (overview/monthly/weekly/daily) could be a choice of options just like we can choose the view modes for forums. 
Edited by opentype

14 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

Also allow the events to be programmed and seen only by specific user groups. I didn't see the option to schedule an event that will only be visible in the calendar for specific user groups.

Thanks

Seen only by specific user groups works fine for me through ACP Calendars permissions, but the "Create Event" button should not appear (yet it does) - though it just leads to a "you can't do that" page. It would be more elegant to not have it appear for groups that cannot use it.

1 minute ago, PoC2 said:

Seen only by specific user groups works fine for me through ACP Calendars permissions, but the "Create Event" button should not appear (yet it does) - though it just leads to a "you can't do that" page. It would be more elegant to not have it appear for groups that cannot use it.

That has been reported/acknowledged.  🙂