Bug - Related / Similar items block - Products

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

again sorry but no real wish to give access to a live site

it's something that should be easy to spot / find / reproduce

am just making you aware that it does exist and that may require action

I suspect that its simply due to the nexus/commerce  app not being able to handle the

getPrefComment

part of the url query string

regards

56 minutes ago, sound said:

again sorry but no real wish to give access to a live site

it's something that should be easy to spot / find / reproduce

If support can not get access to the site in question, where the issue is happening, and they themselves can not reproduce this on their installations, it is impossible to spot, find and/or fix it. 

It is the equivalent of going to a car garage and tell the mechanics there that my car has this problem and I want you to fix it, but I do not want to give you access to the car itself. 

11 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

If support can not get access to the site in question, where the issue is happening, and they themselves can not reproduce this on their installations, it is impossible to spot, find and/or fix it. 

It is the equivalent of going to a car garage and tell the mechanics there that my car has this problem and I want you to fix it, but I do not want to give you access to the car itself. 

thanks for your input, here's where I am coming from

my main immediate concern is to get this 'bug/glitch' resolved to work asp on a 'live' site, otherwise there will be dead links

have found over time that the quickest way to do this is usually to firstly try and resolve it myself 

this is what I have just done 👍

to use your analogy, I am now telling the car manufacturer that something is wrong with the latest model but unfortunately as I am still using the car, I can not bring it in for the mechanic to have a look

Edited by sound

It depends. If it is indeed a bug, reporting it is a favour to IPS so they can fix their problem and end up with a better product. Being required to jump through hoops in order to help them doesn’t feel right. 
If it is likely an issue specific to a single installation and a custom server setup or third-party items, then that is a different story altogether. In this case, investigating it by IPS would be a favour to the site owner. 

Looking at the code, it seems very likely that this actually a bug. The template just calls <a href="{$item->url( "getPrefComment" )}" … and that rarely includes Commerce products. So, this might have simply been overlooked. 

another 'possible' bug with this feature

when events are displayed  they show the date the event was posted, not the date of the event

therefore you can have 2 or more results that appear identical but are not

should be able to see that without access, yep?

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Looking at the code, it seems very likely that this actually a bug. The template just calls <a href="{$item->url( "getPrefComment" )}" … and that rarely includes Commerce products. So, this might have simply been overlooked. 

agree

• 4 weeks later...