Change name of the main page

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi @Mediamage,

You can find the area to change the heading by going to your AdminCP -> Customisation -> Languages (under the heading Localisation) -> find the key `__app_forums`. It is on the third page in my AdminCP so may be the same for yours.

Fill in the field on the right and it will change the heading for you. Let us know if this works. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Mediamage said:

You mean add what I want the forum to be called in there like this? Because it still never changed the name:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

That wasn’t the right language string. You probably want to reverse that change by clearing the translation. There are many language strings similar to that. Therefore, my suggestion would be to use Quick Translation from the Language Tools. 

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Astronomy, Moon, Light

Activate it in one browser window but keep it open there. 

Open a new browser windows with your forum and you can click on the headline to change the language string. 

Then return to the first browser window to turn Quick Translation off again. 

I'm not sure why that isn't working to be honest. Do you have multiple languages installed on your community?

May be have a read through the following guides to ensure all the steps are being followed.

Edited by Gary

No just one language.

Can someone fix this for me? I've followed all the steps suggested. I've been with IPB since 2003 (two decades) and really hoping this can be fixed. I used to just change that area in General Settings. I've never had to go into this Languages stuff before.

Edited by Mediamage

13 hours ago, Mediamage said:

Okay I got that shut off. 

Pretty sure that was your problem all along. As it says in the pop-up, you should never turn that on. But now that it is off, you need to re-do the suggestions to change the title. 

The forum headline title was never edited in the General Settings. That’s the site title. That’s something different.