Error on latest update

Hoping some advice on these errors that i am currently getting.

when i run the update i get this error below

IPS\Db\Exception: Table '(database_name.core_follow_count_cache' doesn't exist in engine (1932)
#0 /home/../public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(466): IPS\_Db->query('SHOW FULL COLUM...', true, false)
#1 /home/../public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1928): IPS\_Db->forceQuery('SHOW FULL COLUM...')
#2 /home/../public_html/forum/system/Application/Application.php(2772): IPS\_Db->getTableDefinition('core_follow_cou...', false, true)
#3 /home/../public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/upgrade.php(264): IPS\_Application->databaseCheck()
#4 /home/../public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_upgrade->_selectVersion(Array)
#5 /home/../public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/upgrade.php(109): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#6 /home/../public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_upgrade->manage()
#7 /home/../public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/upgrade.php(54): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/../public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_upgrade->execute()
#9 /home/../public_html/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Also when you try to view a post i also get this error as well.

[[Template forums/front/forums/forumDisplay is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just seeing what is the best way forward, try to run the update again or run the support tool next?

Many thanks!

Looks like hosting is not sure why the table just is not there anymore, is there not a way to insert that missing table into the database?

Just to note that i did change the php to version 7.4

Edited by Unslaved

2 minutes ago, Unslaved said:

Looks like hosting is not sure why the table just is not there anymore, is there not a way to insert that missing table into the database?

You would lose all data associated with that table and it may create relationship errors so it would be recommended to restore the complete database.

OK, i do have a back up that i can check.

What about this error is this related or can it be fixed by running the tool

[[Template forums/front/forums/forumDisplay is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you were not able to complete the upgrade, you will need to wait till that is done.

Essentially, if you apply files but don't run the upgrader, you can expect to see some issues.

If after you complete the upgrade process, you still see this. You will want to disable all third party applications/plugins and switch to an unmodified theme to see if it still exists.

3 minutes ago, Unslaved said:

Silly question, but what if i have a fresh board install, then did a migration from one board to another?

For our software to convert data from one installation to another, it would need to be on the same release and might end up with a very similar situation with the software attempting to read the missing table still. You can not simply move over your database, like I believe you're asking here, via PHPMyAdmin or something. You would run into a lot more of conflicts.

3 minutes ago, Unslaved said:

It wouldn't be via phpmyadmin, but what about the migration tool that you have? hoping that would just

capture all the post and member data only.

You're more than welcome to try our converter tools, which can be downloaded from the Client Area, but it may just result in the same error as it will need to read from the same database. Just be sure to take a full backup (files and folders) prior to attempting anything.

1 minute ago, Unslaved said:

I know that you mentioned about running the upgrade first (which i cant do at the moment), but what about just switching to the default theme, not sure if that would at least fix the post issue.

You can certainly try that but if you have applied the files for the next release or this is related to the missing table. You either need to revert to a backup and/or re-apply the files from the release you were on.

1 minute ago, Unslaved said:

Not sure if would be related to the issue or not, but the upgrade did not run as it couldnt get past the FTP verification.

Sorry, believe I may have been confused by what were you saying. Is this in the automatic upgrade process? Have you tried to upload manually the files?

To do a manual upgrade, you would do this by downloading a full set of files in the Client Area and exacting them to your computer. Once done, upload the contents of the "ips_*****" folders to your server, overwriting what is there. When all files have successfully uploaded, you will want to go to /admin/upgrade to complete the upgrade.

Just now, Unslaved said:

Correct this was the auto upgrade, have not tried the manual upgrade yet, but i can test this on a dev install, i take it the board license will allow a test site?

Please read the following guide for questions on your license key and your Test URL: