Forum not showing after migration

Hello, let me just saying migrating was a night mare for me. I've been bouncing into errors left and right and it may not be related to invision community, but now I have an error I need help with. Forums arent showing after migration, the categories are but no forum categories/topics inside the main categories are showing. Ive turned every permission on for categories, cleared cache, everything I can think of. Tyia to anyone that knows whats going on cuz I don't have the slightest Idea. image.thumb.png.ba0f394c5cc54c5bd07663aced3ed879.png

There is a chance, but it wouldn’t be my first guess. I had such problems myself after conversions, but it was always just faulty permissions somewhere. 

You could try to narrow down the problem by adding forums. Start fresh with a new category and forum. Does it show up? If yes, the problem is inside the existing forum. If not, there is some global issue affecting all forums. Then possibly proceed by creating a new forum inside that existing category … Stuff like that. 

Edited by opentype

On 8/24/2022 at 1:22 AM, opentype said:

By the way: you ask in the community forum, but you also show as client. As such, you could post in the official Help & Support forum and let IPS staff log in on your site and fix the problem. 

No its off site license that I bought for like 750 and has since expired. They wont offer me support unfortunately, I may have to renew and get the support addon.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:22 AM, opentype said:

By the way: you ask in the community forum, but you also show as client. As such, you could post in the official Help & Support forum and let IPS staff log in on your site and fix the problem. 

No its off site license that I bought for like 750 and has since expired. They wont offer me support unfortunately, I may have to renew and get the support addon.

I have an invision in the cloud they will help me with but as far as I know the off site license you need like the $700 support addon lol which is kind of crazy to me when the off site license already renews every 6 months.

11 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It would be worth checking what you have bought there, as we dont actually allow the transfer of licenses between people. 

What? None of my licenses are transferred to anyone. I followed the migration process using the test install to a new server, backup db and reuploaded to new hosting. ITs been a pain but everything seems to be working properly except the few issues I mentioned above.

And I know what I bought here, I've spent a lot of money here on off site licenses. 

7 minutes ago, WiCKeDxgg said:

What? None of my licenses are transferred to anyone. I followed the migration process using the test install to a new server, backup db and reuploaded to new hosting. ITs been a pain but everything seems to be working properly except the few issues I mentioned above.

And I know what I bought here, I've spent a lot of money here on off site licenses. 

Do you mean self hosted licenses that you purchased from us? Just want to clarify as if you mean those and they are active, we would provide support.