iCalendar feed is not updating

Go to solution Solved by Andrea Paolucci,

I had a collaborator setting an event in the calendar that was repeating without a repeating end. After fixing this and removing the repeating, the iCalendar subscription is still picking up the repeat and generating 2 years of daily events. I tried removing the subscription from my google calendar and adding it back but it didn't work. I then removed the event but no luck with that either. How can i fix this issue?

Well deleting is a solution, but i believe there might be a bug in just updating the repeating section of an event that wouldn't reflect on the iCalendar or at least it's not reflecting there if you remove the infinite repeating. If you want i can provide more info and steps on how to reproduce it, but my personal issue has been resolved deleting the event.

47 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It will have likely simply taken time for it to do given that there were so many present. Has this now been resolved?

13 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you could provide me with some details to reproduce on that, it would be good please, yes 🙂 

1. Add the iCalendar to your Google Calendar
  2. Create an event with the following parameters:

Could contain: Text, Page

After it appears on the Google Calendar, remove the repeating from the event and watch it won't apply the changes to the Google Calendar

Edited by Andrea Paolucci

Sorry, I was a little confused here on the order of things. I assumed it was the items being removed on our end was the issue. You would need to contact google if its not actually being removed from their end when using our ical feed. If you have removed it our end, its no longer present. We have no control over it after that point.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, I was a little confused here on the order of things. I assumed it was the items being removed on our end was the issue. You would need to contact google if its not actually being removed from their end when using our ical feed. If you have removed it our end, its no longer present. We have no control over it after that point.

no the issue is that the ical feed keeps sending it as repeating and doesn't update it...i tried adding it on another calendar using the ical feed and was getting the same issue so i don't think it's something on google end

34 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The iCal feed doesnt actually send anything at all. Its read from by the reader. 

I know it works as a polling request, but what the url is answering is what i meant it's sending. I inspected the .ics file and the event was repeating even if i removed the repeating part

• Solution

ok as temporary solution i found out that appending a fake property to the calendar url would help fixing the issue invalidating the cache...something like this where i added the parameter fakeParam

webcal://www.YOUR_HOST.com/forums/index.php?/calendar/YOUR_CALENDAR_ID/download/&member=MEMBER_ID&key=YOUR_KEY&fakeParam

• 2 months later...

This is likely due to guest page caching.

The problem here is that RSS / iCalendar readers cannot actually log in to the site, so when they are loaded, it is technically loaded as a guest (hence the member_id and key parameters).

If you disable guest caching entirely do you still see the issue? You can do this in your Admin CP > System > Advanced Configuration > Data Storage.