Error after updating

Go to solution Solved by Daddy,

So everything was great, until it wasn't. I updated to the latest IPS version and all was going well, up until I tried to clear system logs using https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/10090-tb-delete-all-system-logs-button/

As soon as I clicked the button I was met with a 500 error. The front end of the site works fine, I just can no longer access the adminCP. Because of this I wasn't able to turn my site back to online mode, but I was able to do so in the database but it's still showing the offline banner at the top.

Error:

Fatal error: Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 42

I tried the recovery mode but after seeing it to true in constants file I was able to get back into the ACP but I couldn't do anything. It said I had to disable recovery mode in order to use the ACP. There's no prompt or anything.

Could contain: Text, Word

I've also downloaded the latest version manually and tried to run admin/upgrade but I was met with:

Could contain: Text, Home Decor, Symbol

I'm getting this error on my other installs that don't have any issues as well so unrelated to my issue most likely.

I've also deleted the plugin in the /plugin folder and from the plugins database. I've also cleared core_store with no luck.

• Solution

Update:

I disabled all plugins/apps through the database which fixed recovery mode. I was then able properly uninstall the clear log plugin but after further pondering I discovered the issue started after I cleared system caches, not when I cleared logs.

The actual cause ended up being:

On 7/9/2022 at 3:04 AM, Daddy said:

Update:

I disabled all plugins/apps through the database which fixed recovery mode. I was then able properly uninstall the clear log plugin but after further pondering I discovered the issue started after I cleared system caches, not when I cleared logs.

The actual cause ended up being:

Fix submitted. Should be avaiable in a couple of days or so.

Tks.