(TB) VIP Status for Members [Support Topic]

1 hour ago, abobader said:

Good plugin, any chance will have this:

- Vip icon display as well at the post userinfo location for that vip member.

- Can change the vip icon.

Nice suggestions. I have a minor upgrade planned for this modification (widget to show VIP status and number of VIP members in ACP). I'll see if I can include both.

Interesting app. If I use this and promote to a group that can be purchased via a subscription, it would be nice to incorporate commerce and somehow show that the member became VIP and is essentially subscribed or doesn't have to subscribe. Grey out the subscription or something like that. Just an idea.

Is there a way to automate this like group promotions? Based on activity? So to keep VIP, you have to maintain activity every week or month as an example.

29 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Interesting app. If I use this and promote to a group that can be purchased via a subscription, it would be nice to incorporate commerce and somehow show that the member became VIP and is essentially subscribed or doesn't have to subscribe. Grey out the subscription or something like that. Just an idea.

No, that's the one thing I decided I won't add. There's really no point in forcing someone to buy Commerce and then handle the subscriptions with my app when Commerce itself can already handle paid subscriptions/packages while doing the same thing. It would be a waste of my time to basically write duplicate code.

Commerce right now returns users to their original group (instead of letting the admins choose) but I am already working on a separate modification that changes the return group for paid subscriptions/packages which should suffice for most people. No ETA just yet though.

29 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is there a way to automate this like group promotions? Based on activity? So to keep VIP, you have to maintain activity every week or month as an example.

This one's another nice suggestion. I won't include it in the next 1.0.1 version since it requires some thinking on how to best implement it, but I'll keep it on my list for a future 1.1.0 version. 👍

Edited by teraßyte
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ops, sorry guys. I've had the update ready since last week but I completely forgot to release it... 😅

The file is currently pending approval from IPS. Also, considering everything I added, the new version is 1.1.0. Here's the changelog:

• Added VIP status icon also in topic's user info.
  • Added VIP members count in the filter bar when viewing the ACP list.
  • Added a new setting to change the Font Awesome icon used to display the VIP status.
  • Added a new setting to specify the default VIP status period when adding a new member.
  • Added new settings to control the VIP status icon display (global user bar + topic user info).
  • Added a widget to display the user's VIP status with an option to keep it showing even when expired.
  • When adding a new VIP member, in addition to the default period, the ending time is also prefilled with 23:59.

I also looked into group promotions, but the only option available is to add filters based on which members are promoted. There is no way to execute extra actions with the current extension provided by the IPS framework.

For now I made a request in the developer forum to include more options in the extension:

Edited by teraßyte
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, abobader said:

It good to have but not that big issue to me, what important to me at the moment before I buy this that I can add my custom icon instead of font awesome one.

The settings only supports font awesome icons. If you want to use a separate icon (from a different font) or an image you'd need to edit the 2 templates in which the setting is used. But yes, it's possible.

Just to double-check, what icon/image do you plan to use?

2 hours ago, teraßyte said:

an image you'd need to edit the 2 templates in which the setting is used. But yes, it's possible.

That will be great.

2 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Just to double-check, what icon/image do you plan to use?

Just an image I will design later as png for this, custom to our forum.

5 hours ago, teraßyte said:

A png should work just fine then.

That good, I bought it, kindly show me the 2 line I need to edit for this:

11 hours ago, teraßyte said:

If you want to use a separate icon (from a different font) or an image you'd need to edit the 2 templates in which the setting is used. But yes, it's possible.

Thanks.

@abobader The templates you need to edit are these 2:

• tbvsm > front > global > hookUserBar
  • tbvsm > front > topics > hookPostContainer

The code that controls the icon is the following:

<i class="fa fa-{expression="\IPS\Settings::i()->tbvsm_display_icon"}"></i>

You need to replace it with the image you want to use. And depending on how you're adding it to the user bar (background image, image directly in the code, or anything else) you might need to add some CSS in the custom.css file using these classes for the rule ".cVipStatus .cUserNav_icon".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm interested. As already suggested before, I am also interested in the option of adding more than one type of vip, for example: "VIP Member" and "Super VIP" or "Bronze", "Silver", "Gold". If you already have this option, please let me know, I'm interested in buying. Thanks.

1 hour ago, hiper said:

Hi, I'm interested. As already suggested before, I am also interested in the option of adding more than one type of vip, for example: "VIP Member" and "Super VIP" or "Bronze", "Silver", "Gold". If you already have this option, please let me know, I'm interested in buying. Thanks.

Hello, no it's not supported in the current version.

You're the second person showing interest in having an option for multiple groups to be treated as VIP.

I'm going to add this feature to my todo list, but I'm a bit busy with other works right now so no ETA on when I'll add it.

• 9 months later...
On 8/18/2023 at 4:24 PM, abobader said:

Hi @teraßyte I just notice the app expire on last April, how to renew now since no option to do that. Thanks.

From now on I'll handle payments & support only from my site: https://invisionbyte.net/

IPS disabled renewals since they're closing the marketplace: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/marketplace-closure-r1283/

• Marketplace renewals will cease effective immediately

IPS also posted this in the closure news:

• You will be able to obtain a key for each of your current Marketplace purchases and provide that key to authors to transfer your purchases directly to the author

We haven't received any info about it yet, because IPS is still working on it.

I'll post an update in all support topics here, and a topic on my site as soon I know more about it. 👍

Edited by teraßyte
  • 3 weeks later...